View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger to the Mustang

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

You're on a roll RLSH700. Why be miserable what you're doing? Money cannot be the prime motivator for folks. I'm going to try to remember this as my kids are wanting to major in whatever isn't Finance/Accounting/Marketing or some other such things. School doesn't dictate what you become in life, you do.

Find something that makes you happy. If you're unhappy doing what you're doing, figure out to make it more fun or stop doing it.
Thank you! I've had the chance to observe both lifestyles, the upper middle-class and the lower-middle class and I find that the lower-middle class is normally a lot happier. My mother's side is financially better off, but full of some of the most miserable people I have ever seen and despite having more and more money coming in and having more and more luxuries, they still haven't had enough. My father's side has tighter budgets, but they aren't exactly poor either, they just live more practical lifestyles and I never really hear them whine and moan about their financial status.

I studied marketing because I find it enjoyable and it is a natural fit with my talents. In a guerrilla marketing contest we had at my campus, the two person group I was in was tied with two other groups for having the best idea and my group ended up winning the contest.

I have worked in anyother field and I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open to the possibility of doing that again as my analyzing talents that I use in marketing seem to work well in this field as well. Work should be doing something you enjoy so then it no longer feels like it is work, because if it is something you do not enjoy you will dread it every morning when you get up, hate it while you are there, dread it the next day when you get to go home.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts