Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger to the Mustang

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger to the Mustang

Another doom and gloomer...... what I glean from this article is that they will stop making it before you can afford it....wait and see, we'll have'em and reasonably price.

http://www.independentmail.com/blogs...ger_to_mustan/

The Motor Mouth
Mike McMillan
Challenger to the Mustang

Posted December 10, 2007

Chrysler's been dangling photos of the new Dodge Challenger in front of us for months. In what feels like the longest product rollout in history, the time is finally approaching for this mule to take center stage. And it's none too soon: The Dodge portfolio is pretty slim with mostly back-of-the-pack front drivers.

Contrary to customary approach, Dodge is rolling out the SRT-8 version first. In case you were wondering, SRT means street racing technology; the 8 is for the number of cylinders. I'd assume this hyped-up harbinger should stoke enough interest for the lesser versions to roll out soon after.

Dodge is promising 425 horsepower from the 6.1-liter Hemi V-8. It'll beat the pants off a Mustang GT; I'd hold off on challenging any GT-500s, though. Unlike the grocery-getter four-door Charger, this one will actually be offered with a stick shift. And while Dodge's newest offerings look more like they lost a bet, this one should be executed with enough pizazz to keep the vultures off the pentastar company for a few years.

Just make sure you bring your checkbook and get in line. Not surprisingly, Dodge dealers are already slobbering at the mouth for the coming onslaught of boomers looking to reclaim their youth. After all, bids in excess of $10,000 are rolling in (that's over sticker price) on eBay. I suppose I can't blame the dealers for what will be Gougefest 2008. They aren't selling too much of anything else these days.

Bargain hunters will have to wait for demand to die down. If you don't have to be the first kid on the block with a Challenger, you should find more reasonable prices before you know it.

On a side note: I'm wondering how long this reborn pony car market can continue. Higher fuel economy standards could put a choke hold on performance again; last time it happened, it wasn't pretty. We had Corvettes making less horsepower than a base Camry today. We can only just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

If you don't have an Independent-Mail.com account, register here to comment on this and all Independent-Mail blogs

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Default RE: Challenger to the Mustang

He sounds more musclecar friendly than most of these writers as of late
Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

He is just stating that history is kinda of repeating itself. Nothing new here.

In what feels like the longest product rollout in history, the time is finally approaching for this mule to take center stage.
The Camaro is taking longer because it was not road worthy when it was introduced at the same time as the Challenger.

Two years is fairly typical from the concept stage.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Seems like par for the course for a Camaro..."Not road-worthy". I LOVE IT!!!
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

He is just stating that history is kinda of repeating itself. Nothing new here.

In what feels like the longest product rollout in history, the time is finally approaching for this mule to take center stage.
The Camaro is taking longer because it was not road worthy when it was introduced at the same time as the Challenger.

Two years is fairly typical from the concept stage.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

At least the person didn't have the contempt for the muscle car fans and slamming Chrysler for daring to offer such a wasteful car, like the other ones did. They shouldn't have people who don't like cars write reviews of cars. They can't possibly understand why we are willing to pay extra for gas to drive one of these beauties.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM

that's what i meant, I notice it even in the writers for my local paper. Some of them seem to hate their job. God I hope im not like that in advertising
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: joeyr

that's what i meant, I notice it even in the writers for my local paper. Some of them seem to hate their job. God I hope im not like that in advertising
From what I have seen and heard, media people are never happy. I can't testify on people in advertising but I enjoy marketing. It's a matter of knowing what you enjoy doing and turning it into a job.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

You're on a roll RLSH700. Why be miserable what you're doing? Money cannot be the prime motivator for folks. I'm going to try to remember this as my kids are wanting to major in whatever isn't Finance/Accounting/Marketing or some other such things. School doesn't dictate what you become in life, you do.

Find something that makes you happy. If you're unhappy doing what you're doing, figure out to make it more fun or stop doing it.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

You're on a roll RLSH700. Why be miserable what you're doing? Money cannot be the prime motivator for folks. I'm going to try to remember this as my kids are wanting to major in whatever isn't Finance/Accounting/Marketing or some other such things. School doesn't dictate what you become in life, you do.

Find something that makes you happy. If you're unhappy doing what you're doing, figure out to make it more fun or stop doing it.
Thank you! I've had the chance to observe both lifestyles, the upper middle-class and the lower-middle class and I find that the lower-middle class is normally a lot happier. My mother's side is financially better off, but full of some of the most miserable people I have ever seen and despite having more and more money coming in and having more and more luxuries, they still haven't had enough. My father's side has tighter budgets, but they aren't exactly poor either, they just live more practical lifestyles and I never really hear them whine and moan about their financial status.

I studied marketing because I find it enjoyable and it is a natural fit with my talents. In a guerrilla marketing contest we had at my campus, the two person group I was in was tied with two other groups for having the best idea and my group ended up winning the contest.

I have worked in anyother field and I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open to the possibility of doing that again as my analyzing talents that I use in marketing seem to work well in this field as well. Work should be doing something you enjoy so then it no longer feels like it is work, because if it is something you do not enjoy you will dread it every morning when you get up, hate it while you are there, dread it the next day when you get to go home.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-13-2007, 05:51 AM

I'm a fellow Marketing major as well.. I got my BS degree in 1996, but never got in to the "marketing" field, per se. Now I'm a Financial Recruiter / Headhunter and I find Accountants jobs. Looking back on things, I could have just taken the easy way out and majored in Management or General Business and still would have been able to do what I do now. Next to Accounting, Marketing was the hardest major at our small, private business school.

Anyway, good luck with everything Chief!

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Thank you! I've had the chance to observe both lifestyles, the upper middle-class and the lower-middle class and I find that the lower-middle class is normally a lot happier. My mother's side is financially better off, but full of some of the most miserable people I have ever seen and despite having more and more money coming in and having more and more luxuries, they still haven't had enough. My father's side has tighter budgets, but they aren't exactly poor either, they just live more practical lifestyles and I never really hear them whine and moan about their financial status.

I studied marketing because I find it enjoyable and it is a natural fit with my talents. In a guerrilla marketing contest we had at my campus, the two person group I was in was tied with two other groups for having the best idea and my group ended up winning the contest.

I have worked in anyother field and I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open to the possibility of doing that again as my analyzing talents that I use in marketing seem to work well in this field as well. Work should be doing something you enjoy so then it no longer feels like it is work, because if it is something you do not enjoy you will dread it every morning when you get up, hate it while you are there, dread it the next day when you get to go home.

Quick Reply: Challenger to the Mustang