View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Plum70Rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Historical?

In my post in the classic Challenger section, I mentioned my concern about the hood on my Challenger potentially coming to meet me in an accident. I sent a request for information to Chrysler historical:

Hi,
Could you give me any information on where to find data, reports, and/or film footage of Chrysler's crash testing of the 1970 Dodge Challenger?

Thanks,
Russ Boyd
This is the reply I got:

Information of that type is not supplied to the public even if it still existed.

Regards,

Bruce R. Thomas
Corporate Historian
Seemed a bit terse, but maybe he just replies like that to everyone seeking Chrysler information. I'm not quite ready to give up, though, so I just sent this:

Bruce,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my inquiry, but I am a bit confused. A recent magazine article I read stated that in some crash testing of the 1970 Challenger the hood was sent through the windshield. I own a 1970 Challenger, a product manufactured by your company, that I now learn may have a serious safety defect, and this information is not supplied to the public? It seems I should have some right to have access to information that could directly effect my personal safety.

If it is corporate policy not to release this information, who would I need to contact to get that policy changed?

Sincerely,
Russell Boyd
We'll see if it gets me anywhere...