Notices
2008 Concept Cuda This section is specifically for discussing the 2008 Concept Cuda, which debuted at the 2007 SEMA event.

2009 'Cuda?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 'Cuda?

i certainly expect the shaker hood to come out for the challenger..they would be foolish to not offer some option with it! ive seen shaker setups on rams, dakotas, stratus coupes, magnum...and tons of old muscle cars.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i certainly expect the shaker hood to come out for the challenger..they would be foolish to not offer some option with it! ive seen shaker setups on rams, dakotas, stratus coupes, magnum...and tons of old muscle cars.
If the Challenger R/T comes with the 6.1 Hemi (as rumored), it will be very tough to build a Shaker Hood with the current 6.1 Hemi Intake Manifold. Thats the #1 reason Shaker Hood companies have only come out with kits for the 5.7 Hemi.

If the Base Hemi Challenger comes with a 5.7, you will most likely see a Shaker Hood option on the HXC Challenger.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

i dont follow..what is "HXC"? am i missing something in the pictures? it looks like a decal and wheel package.

im not saying that they will have a functional shaker in the same way that the original shaker was functional...the current underhood induction setup could be used with pretty much any hood design, although it wouldnt rest on the engine as it should...but a shaker setup could be made to look like it waas correct from the outside, but it would not from the underhood shot...
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM

i agree..all that it has is some decals and painted wheels..it would have to carry a different grille and headlight area..as well as tail lights and hood.
List of features going into the HXC Challenger

-Full paint job, including Painted Banners
-Black Powdercoated wheels (20" Dodge wheels standard / 20" BBS option)
-Brembo brakes (6 piston front, 4 piston rear) Silver Calipers
-KW Coilover suspension
-Black painted Front Grill area
-Shaved door handles (option)
-Shaved mirrors (option)

more features tba.

The 1971 Cuda had 4 headlights. At this moment we are uninterested in developing a new grill treatment. If an aftermarket company comes through with a fantastic 71 Cuda Grill, we would consider partnering up with them. Same goes for the Rear lights. We are primarily interested in building a 71 Cuda inspired re-creation. Not a 71 Cuda Replica.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 PM

i dont follow..what is "HXC"? am i missing something in the pictures? it looks like a decal and wheel package.

im not saying that they will have a functional shaker in the same way that the original shaker was functional...the current underhood induction setup could be used with pretty much any hood design, although it wouldnt rest on the engine as it should...but a shaker setup could be made to look like it waas correct from the outside, but it would not from the underhood shot...
I personally am not a big fan of non-functional parts. Its true we are not completely building a new vehicle. We see an opportunity to offer 71 Hemi Cuda fans something more appealing than just the stock 2008 Challenger, mainly through cosmetics, yes.. But we are going to be building up this brand, and trying to make a name for ourselves, and by doing so hopefully gain the attention of dealer owners, magazines, enthusiasts. We want to build a car that people will one day know the name of, not just see it and go "nice decals, nice black wheels". Our main goal is we want people to walk into a Dodge showroom, and take larger notice to our vehicle over a stock Challenger.

We have a lot of plans in the works. Performance options/partnerships, more features, interior details. For sake of volume, and price, our base vehicle will be mainly cosmetic based, in order to keep price down, while still having all the visual "bang", so that Dealer "walk-ins" have the ability to afford our car.

Think of us as a Saleen. This first vehicle will be mainly cosmetic, but we do have a Supercharged version planned, as well as something even hotter.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 PM

The pics on page 1 all say NO to me..
Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: HXC Performance

I personally am not a big fan of non-functional parts. Its true we are not completely building a new vehicle. We see an opportunity to offer 71 Hemi Cuda fans something more appealing than just the stock 2008 Challenger, mainly through cosmetics, yes.. But we are going to be building up this brand, and trying to make a name for ourselves, and by doing so hopefully gain the attention of dealer owners, magazines, enthusiasts. We want to build a car that people will one day know the name of, not just see it and go "nice decals, nice black wheels". Our main goal is we want people to walk into a Dodge showroom, and take larger notice to our vehicle over a stock Challenger.

We have a lot of plans in the works. Performance options/partnerships, more features, interior details. For sake of volume, and price, our base vehicle will be mainly cosmetic based, in order to keep price down, while still having all the visual "bang", so that Dealer "walk-ins" have the ability to afford our car.

Think of us as a Saleen. This first vehicle will be mainly cosmetic, but we do have a Supercharged version planned, as well as something even hotter.

intereting. do you have any examples of your shops other work?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: HXC Performance

intereting. do you have any examples of your shops other work?
No shop (yet). This project is the result of a design exercise that a few interested parties decided to make happen. Everything is being started from scratch. For the time being, all updates are being posted at myspace.com/hxcperformance

We plan to announce official details and information the week of SEMA 2007 this fall.

The design portion of the project is completed, and we are pretty far along with the business side. Everything will be announced in 4 months.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 AM

First thing you need to do HCX Perfomance is chop the quarters off put a straight cuda body line on or no one will buy your cars. From there put 71 style cuda' tail lights on and please put a flat hood or a cuda' hood on. The grill will have to be a 71 cuda grill style grill. Those black rims are hideous and im not meaning to slam you or what you plan to do, just trying to help you guys out. Put a set of 15' Rally wheels and some meaty tires and a straight axle dana 60. The billboards look too plain will have to have 392 or whatever the motor is.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM

The renderings are not to my taste...in fact I (and I suspect many others) PREFER stock to all the after market stuff. It's analogous to seeing a beautiful woman put on too much of the wrong makeup.

I always say to each his own though & if you want to create some kind of Frankenstein and someone is willing to pay you then have at it.

Quick Reply: 2009 'Cuda?