Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why folks want to purchase a challenger

Grew up with Challengers, RoadRunners, Cudas, Novas, Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, Cyclones, GTOs, 442s, ...... name it and I owned, saw, rode in or worked on 'em.
Corvettes are a dime a dozen - watch the Barrett Jackson Auctions and count how many Vettes are on the floor. I'd guess they comprise half of all of the cars auctioned. Then watch the prices on the old MOPAR's - even the ones without HEMI's running big blocks and small blocks alike. They bring high prices.

Owning a classic MOPAR isn't just about investment.
Your car is a reflection of you - your style and personality. I love the look and style of the early 70's muscle cars - the MOPARs particularly. I've always been a MOPAR guy. Our family has always owned MOPARs (okay, my Father was a Ford convert, but he saw the light). My first car had a 383 Magnum in it - was that car quick! - and thirsty!
But I'm tired of the knuckle-busting I have to do to keep, maintain and drive a classic muscle car. Besides, the old cars don't handle particularly well, most don't have A/C, they're tough to get parts for, and they suck fuel like my ex sucks cash from my pocket.

I want something that looks like a classic muscle car, accelerates like one, but handles like the new cars, gets better fuel mileage, starts and runs well when I turn the ignition key, and has a few of the amenities that the new ones have. I'd rather be driving the car more than working on it. Everyone reaches their threshold for nostalgia - when it becomes more of a nuisance to maintain the classics than the satisfaction you get from it. I don't have the time or inclination for maintaining a classic anymore. I want to drive it more than I want to turn wrenches on it.
I'll be getting everything I want from owning a classic muscle car by buying, driving and enjoying a 2009 Challenger. It reflects my style, my need for performance, and my desire for greater efficiency than the classics. It's a reflection of my personality.