Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Why folks want to purchase a challenger

Old 12-31-2007, 07:09 PM
mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why folks want to purchase a challenger

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering the different reasons why someone would purchase a challenger. I for one love the looks of the car and hope the power and handling surpass the mustang. However if I was simply wanting to buy the car for performance, I would have to pass on it and buy a corvette used (two to three years old) for the same price of a new challenger. I think for the money, the corvette is the best buy for an excellent overall sports car. But saying that, I hate the looks of the corvette and not buying the challenger as a sports car, but rather a retro muscle car.

What say all of you.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Why folks want to purchase a challenger

I am at a new year party and recording top music live but to answer your question while an awesome performing is also an old man's car.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:09 AM

for me it is the combo of modern tech and retro looks along w/ some muscle in an affordable pkg.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago, I was forced to sell my 1971 340 'Cuda. I considered buying it back, but when the Challenger concept was introduced, I decided to have the best of both worlds- a 'Cuda look-alike but with modern technology! (Also, less cost).
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 AM

even those who don't want a cool muscle car or performance car could buy it almost as a family car i mean it will have a V6 option for better gas milage the interior looks like it could seat a family of 4 or 5 comfortably and it also has a good size trunk for groceries or luggage if you plan a grizwald vaction to wally world
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

I agree. Even though have a Ford GT or a Porsche Cayman would be cool, the Dodge Challenger is a more practical car because as mentioned it can seat 4 people
and it has a bigger trunk space than the other cars for travel, groceries, etc.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 AM

cool retro muscle look.

Maybe buy a baby (3.5L) Challenger for everyday, instead of big 6.1 for show. Undecided, as I have the 1970 Challenger as well for muscle. Depends a lot on pricing at the SRT 8 come out.
Steve
Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 AM

just comes down to that: 1. I'm a Dodge and Mopar fan 2. Have always liked the classic Challenger 3. This is the modern iteration for my driving pleasure 4.the Challenger is just too cool just not to have one for myself
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM

Grew up with Challengers, RoadRunners, Cudas, Novas, Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs, Cyclones, GTOs, 442s, ...... name it and I owned, saw, rode in or worked on 'em.
Corvettes are a dime a dozen - watch the Barrett Jackson Auctions and count how many Vettes are on the floor. I'd guess they comprise half of all of the cars auctioned. Then watch the prices on the old MOPAR's - even the ones without HEMI's running big blocks and small blocks alike. They bring high prices.

Owning a classic MOPAR isn't just about investment.
Your car is a reflection of you - your style and personality. I love the look and style of the early 70's muscle cars - the MOPARs particularly. I've always been a MOPAR guy. Our family has always owned MOPARs (okay, my Father was a Ford convert, but he saw the light). My first car had a 383 Magnum in it - was that car quick! - and thirsty!
But I'm tired of the knuckle-busting I have to do to keep, maintain and drive a classic muscle car. Besides, the old cars don't handle particularly well, most don't have A/C, they're tough to get parts for, and they suck fuel like my ex sucks cash from my pocket.

I want something that looks like a classic muscle car, accelerates like one, but handles like the new cars, gets better fuel mileage, starts and runs well when I turn the ignition key, and has a few of the amenities that the new ones have. I'd rather be driving the car more than working on it. Everyone reaches their threshold for nostalgia - when it becomes more of a nuisance to maintain the classics than the satisfaction you get from it. I don't have the time or inclination for maintaining a classic anymore. I want to drive it more than I want to turn wrenches on it.
I'll be getting everything I want from owning a classic muscle car by buying, driving and enjoying a 2009 Challenger. It reflects my style, my need for performance, and my desire for greater efficiency than the classics. It's a reflection of my personality.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:45 PM

Bootcamp sure will have a beautiful driveway with his and her machines! Nice

Quick Reply: Why folks want to purchase a challenger