View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CES to feature Sync, Link

CES to feature Sync, Link

January 6, 2008

Ford Motor Co. will feature its Sync technology and reveal its Sirius Travel Link navigation system at the Consumer Electronics Show Monday-Thursday in Las Vegas.

The Travel Link system gives drivers and passengers up-to-the-minute information on current gas prices, traffic, weather conditions, sports scores and movie listings. The system includes full music capability -- with space for up to 2,400 tracks and technology for album cover art and music voice control.

The new technology will be featured on the 2009 Lincoln MKS luxury sedan, which goes on sale this summer.
More than 30,000 customers have purchased Sync, the wireless, hands-free in-car technology first introduced last year in the Ford Focus.

Coming up: Ford CEO Alan Mulally and other executives meet with journalists Tuesday.

Taking Challenger orders

Chrysler has backed off a bit from a statement Thursday that said the new Dodge Challenger sold out on the first day orders were taken.

Dealers began accepting orders for the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8s on Dec. 3, and Chrysler has said it received about 4,300 orders that day.

Chrysler plans to sell a limited number of the muscle car. Dealers say they've been told the figure is near 5,000 but Chrysler has not given a number. Chrysler continues to take orders and Thursday's statement said it has more than 9,000 orders to date.

A new version of the news release was posted on the company's Web site.

Coming up: Chrysler prepares for the Detroit auto show.

Lithium battery delivery

In an online chat with journalists on Thursday, General Motors Corp. vice president of Global Program Management Jon Lauckner said the lithium-ion battery pack that partner suppliers A123Systems and Continental AG are developing for the Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric car hasn't arrived yet.

GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz told the Free Press in October that GM expected the A123-Continental partnership to deliver its battery pack in December.

A GM spokesman said the development of the battery is a fluid process and delivery of the A123-Continental battery was expected late last year or early this year all along and remains on track.

Coming up: GM CEO Rick Wagoner is expected to share the automaker's vision of the future when he delivers a keynote address to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.