Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

CES to feature Sync, Link

Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CES to feature Sync, Link

CES to feature Sync, Link

January 6, 2008

Ford Motor Co. will feature its Sync technology and reveal its Sirius Travel Link navigation system at the Consumer Electronics Show Monday-Thursday in Las Vegas.

The Travel Link system gives drivers and passengers up-to-the-minute information on current gas prices, traffic, weather conditions, sports scores and movie listings. The system includes full music capability -- with space for up to 2,400 tracks and technology for album cover art and music voice control.

The new technology will be featured on the 2009 Lincoln MKS luxury sedan, which goes on sale this summer.
More than 30,000 customers have purchased Sync, the wireless, hands-free in-car technology first introduced last year in the Ford Focus.

Coming up: Ford CEO Alan Mulally and other executives meet with journalists Tuesday.

Taking Challenger orders

Chrysler has backed off a bit from a statement Thursday that said the new Dodge Challenger sold out on the first day orders were taken.

Dealers began accepting orders for the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8s on Dec. 3, and Chrysler has said it received about 4,300 orders that day.

Chrysler plans to sell a limited number of the muscle car. Dealers say they've been told the figure is near 5,000 but Chrysler has not given a number. Chrysler continues to take orders and Thursday's statement said it has more than 9,000 orders to date.

A new version of the news release was posted on the company's Web site.

Coming up: Chrysler prepares for the Detroit auto show.

Lithium battery delivery

In an online chat with journalists on Thursday, General Motors Corp. vice president of Global Program Management Jon Lauckner said the lithium-ion battery pack that partner suppliers A123Systems and Continental AG are developing for the Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric car hasn't arrived yet.

GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz told the Free Press in October that GM expected the A123-Continental partnership to deliver its battery pack in December.

A GM spokesman said the development of the battery is a fluid process and delivery of the A123-Continental battery was expected late last year or early this year all along and remains on track.

Coming up: GM CEO Rick Wagoner is expected to share the automaker's vision of the future when he delivers a keynote address to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default Consumer Electronics Show

Being a gadget/high tech fan, I had always wanted to go the the Consumer Electronics Show. Finally, I was able to go
twice in back to back years in 2003 and 2004. I went once to check it our and another to work booth duty for my company.

This is the largest consumer electronics show in the world and the largest show in the world in the Americas. This year it may draw
140K this week. The show starts this week and if you ever get a chance to go be prepared to do a lot of walking.

The show is the size of 73 football fields at the Las Vegas Convention center and the Panasonic booth which is the largest booth is the size of a football field.

You get to see the best of the best electronic products in the world including cellphones, mp3, HDTV, front projection, speakers, audio, video, security, musical instruments etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. as you just cannot imagine.

I am fairly athletic and with my protein bars and drinks proceeded to walk the entire show nonstop. On the 4th day I finally got to the last building which has the latest electronics for cars and yes it looks like a SEMA show. It has the latest state of the art in navigation, video, security, audio etc.. They had wildest looking cars and some had the loudest audio systems on the planet.

I was able to cover half of the auto electronics section but I had to leave to catch a plane back home.

There are always guest speakers like Bill Gates/Microsoft, Carly Fiorini/HP, Paul Otellini/Intel, in the past. The one this year I thougth was weird was having
Rick Wagoner/General Motors will be one of 5 key guest speakers.

If you like gadgets, this week they will be having news releases about the latest gadgets being introduced at CES throught out the week.

Here is there website: http://www.cesweb.org/default.asp

Here are some of the celebrities this year:

Monday, January 7
Danica Patrick
GoDaddy.com Inc.
LVCC, Central Plaza, CP2

Candice Michelle
GoDaddy.com Inc.
LVCC, Central Plaza, CP2

Darryl “DMC” McDaniels from Run DMC
Media Street
LVCC, South Hall 4, Booth 37023

Chuck D from Public Enemy
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Media Street
LVCC, SouthHall 4, Booth 37023

Yoko Ono
12-1 p.m.
John Lennon Educational Tour Bus
LVCC, Central Plaza, Concierge Center

Pat Monahan of Train
12-1 p.m.

wil.i.am
12-1 p.m.

Natasha Bedingfield
12-1 p.m. and 4 p.m.

XENA
12-1 p.m.
"Science Fiction's Influence on Technology Conference Session"
LVCC, North Hall, N256

Roger Craig (NFL, 49ers)
12-1:30pm
Samsung
LVCC, Central Hall, Booth 11033

Mad Mike
1-2 p.m., 4-5 p.m.
Mitek
LVCC, North Hall, Booth 2401

Jon Favreau (Director: “Iron Man,” “Elf”)
1:30 p.m.
LG
LVCC, Central Hall, Booth 8214

Randall Cunningham (NFL, Eagles)
3-4:30 p.m.
Samsung

Kevin Costner and band
6-7 p.m.
WCD Reception
LVCC, Gibson Tent

Rocco Deluca
7-8 p.m.
WCD Reception
LVCC, Gibson Tent

Tuesday, January 8
Amanda Beard
GoDaddy.com Inc.
LVCC, Central Plaza, CP2

Darryl “DMC” McDaniels from Run DMC
Media Street
Dave Samuels
(Caribbean Jazz Project, ex-Spyro Gyra)
Media Street

Steve Grisham
(Ghost Riders, The Outlaws)
Media Street

Michael Douglas
11 a.m.-noon
XstreamHD
Venetian, Casanova 503

Daryl Johnston (NFL, Cowbowys)
12-1:30 p.m.
Samsung

David Ortiz
2-3:30 p.m.
SHARP
LVCC, Central Hall, Booth 11024

Marcus Allen or Howie Long (NFL, Raiders)
3-4:30 p.m.
Samsung
LVCC, Central Hall, Boo
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:31 AM

Default RE: CES to feature Sync, Link

Interesting news. I think also somewhere I saw a statement that Chrysler will "make as many Challengers as they can sell". Of course that makes sense because Chrysler is not in the business of making collectible vehicles and is trying feverishly to return to profitability as soon as possible. Why would they limit themselves when there are people out there that want to purchase the Challenger?