Thread: Come on in!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Come on in!!

I just realized I never used this thread when I first registered - almost two years ago! Talk about a major oversight!

My name is Bob, I'm 47, married (second time - both - wish we found each other BEFORE the first ones - wouldn't have been a need for a "second time"), have 6 kids - four boys and two girls (4 are hers, 2 are mine), and live in Upstate New York.
I'm a supervisor/foreman for the State in the Transportation Department. We do everything from building and maintaining roads (mainly on the InterState Highway System) including plowing those roads in the winter, to repairing and maintaining all of the machines. We use a lot of construction equipment, so I get to work with the same "toys" I played with as a kid (okay, not EXACTLY the same - the ones I played with as a kid read "Tonka" on the side). My employees gave me the name "BootCamp" many years ago because I run my crews like a boot camp. I actually take pride in that, but not because I enjoy being a "hard@$$". The majority of our work is in immediate proximity of high-speed traffic, so it's important that everyone does their job correctly - or someone will get hurt or killed. We really can't afford to make any mistakes. In 18 years, I've never had an employee suffer anything more severe than a twisted ankle. Hope to keep it that way.

Dad always had a MOPAR or Ford in the driveway, and after following his lead for many years, I went away from the Fords due to problems with them - EVERY ONE I owned. I've owned quite a few Chryslers and Plymouths, but never owned a Dodge until my wife and I traded in her Chrysler Town 'n Country on her '06 Charger R/T. I'm driving an '01 PT Cruiser Limited (which I actually use more like a truck) - until I get my Challenger. I've been very impressed by the build quality improvements between my first MOPARs and the newest generation MOPARs. The fit and finish is MUCH better than the cars I owned from the '60's and '70's. The reliability has ALWAYS been there.

Looking forward to sharing pictures, information and modification ideas with everyone here when we're actually behind the wheels of our new Challengers!