View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Auto Sleuth

i just dont agree. money talks, and there arent many industries in the entire world that harvest more cash than the oil industry. the idea of an alternatively powered vehicle is not a new concept, as companies have been working on it for years, but where are they?

"too expensive to produce"..or they talk about production, like the chevrolet volt, and a friend of mine who is REALLY into the idea of electric vehicles told me that the volt will cost 40+.

there is simply no "good" replacement right now for the internal combustion engine. alternative fuels for the conbustion engine, perhaps, but these electric cars that cost a fortune, will only got a short distance, and are terribly slow arent going to be flooding the market any time soon. i mean, look at the cars that were shown at the auto show. these cars are all tiny death traps...like slower, smaller versions of the smart car. its safer to walk on the highway. these super-euro designed vehicles are ridiculous...maybe they are fine on the streets of europe, where there are very few fast cars and the roads are 12 feet wide, but that junk doesnt float here.

i expect for my kids to be driving before there is any flood of alternative powered combustion engines or electric vehicles in the american market, as big business dictates what happens and when, and the auto industry combined with the oil industry is going to make sure that they are comfortable before consumers are comfortable. btw, my kids dont exist yet...

everyone quotes "gas prices" as the reason for the muscle cars to go away...there arent many countries in the world who pay less than americans do for gasoline.'

right now, it doesnt matter how much GG tax the companies tack on, as there is no viable option. they can charge 10,000 on every car, and people are still going to buy them, or not buy new cars because there is no other choice, and the junk that debuted at the autoshow will only sit in my driveway when every one of my other vehicles has been confiscated by the government.

im not trying to argue with you, as im interested in your point of view here. i feel that the current offerings of alternative powered vehicles is a complete joke, which is why i dont forsee anything other than what we have in the next 20 years.