View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If price is really an issue....

I have AC on all of my vehicles (except for the mirada) and I couldnt tell you if it works on any of them. I am going to assume that the ramcharger AC doesnt work, but i dont use it except for in the winter...

actually, the AC did work in her truck until some moron mechanic let all the freon out when replacing the water pump...

i think that it works in the stratus, but i have probably only used it 5 or 6 times in the 4 years that i have had the car, and those times were ONLY on long trips on the highway..i dont like cruising along at 80 with the windows open..its too noisy.

and we live in metro detroit, and keep in mind that i work from home, so the only time that i go out, is later in the day,a nd sometimes on the weekends...but even when i lived in PA, and drove 30 miles each way to work, i never used the air. my two cars in college didnt have working air, and the mirada of course doesnt have it. the bimmer has it, but like the stratus, i never used it...because when i spent my 16-19yo years in the mirada with no AC, then the lebraon vert and shadow didnt have AC, you dont miss it when you havent had it.

and for the record, i dont have spares in any of my cars... any drive far enough that AAA wont get me home, we take a rental; less wear on the cars/trucks