Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

If price is really an issue....

Old 03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If price is really an issue....

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

I have AC on all of my vehicles (except for the mirada) and I couldnt tell you if it works on any of them. I am going to assume that the ramcharger AC doesnt work, but i dont use it except for in the winter...

actually, the AC did work in her truck until some moron mechanic let all the freon out when replacing the water pump...

i think that it works in the stratus, but i have probably only used it 5 or 6 times in the 4 years that i have had the car, and those times were ONLY on long trips on the highway..i dont like cruising along at 80 with the windows open..its too noisy.

and we live in metro detroit, and keep in mind that i work from home, so the only time that i go out, is later in the day,a nd sometimes on the weekends...but even when i lived in PA, and drove 30 miles each way to work, i never used the air. my two cars in college didnt have working air, and the mirada of course doesnt have it. the bimmer has it, but like the stratus, i never used it...because when i spent my 16-19yo years in the mirada with no AC, then the lebraon vert and shadow didnt have AC, you dont miss it when you havent had it.

and for the record, i dont have spares in any of my cars... any drive far enough that AAA wont get me home, we take a rental; less wear on the cars/trucks
Okay that explains it. I live in really humid areas and I normally don't use my A/C because of the drop in fuel economy and gas consumption, but I use it when I really need it and want to have it when I need it. In the Detroit area would be much cooler so I can understand that.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Here it Texas if you had a car that didn't have an A/C you would never be able to sell it. Austin is humid and Houston is very humid and both are hot and one summer we hit 112 degrees
with humidity in the 90's. That was toasty.

My Challenger will have an A/C.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Here it Texas if you had a car that didn't have an A/C you would never be able to sell it. Austin is humid and Houston is very humid and both are hot and one summer we hit 112 degrees
with humidity in the 90's. That was toasty.

My Challenger will have an A/C.
The same is true for us here in the Northwest Florida panhandle area...[8D]

Oh and by the way...I DO realize that a basic optioned 5.7 Hemi V8 model with A/C & cruise conrol only would probably have a MSRP greater than $25,000...

I just hope that DODGE will keep it as close to that mark as possible since you can get a base V8 Mustang-GT for close to that...

I may could justify paying an extra $1000-$2000 more for a comparable 5.7 V8 Challenger, but, nothing more without taking out a second mortage on my home... OUCH.... [&:][:@][]

I think if Dodge REALLY wanted they could make a spartan optioned Challenger with a base V8 at or very close to the same MSRP as a base V8 Mustang-GT....Just my opinion...
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

The #1 marketing question is will they?????? I believe the first year they will come out with a 6.1L or 6.4L fully loaded Challenger priced in the 30's but eventually will add
a V-6 at a lower price point.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 PM

All I require is the 6.1 or 6.4 with a six speed. Air would be nice, but thats it. I know with the 6.1 or bigger it would probably have power everything but I don't have to have all that. I just want the looks and speed the rest is just extra.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Rasonjason92, I have noticed 2 parties on this forum. Those that want bare minimum which means different things to different people. Some don't want a radio or air conditioner (I have got to have both especially the A/C in Texas) then there are some that are okay with some gadgets. For me I like the big engines 6.4L hopefully and a manual and the gadgets especially the engine/performance computer since I am a gadget person.

I enjoy our differences on this forum. If we didn't have differences, all of the Challenger would be the same color......etc....boring.

I know this won't happen but I would like to see some paint styles/minor graphics added just to make them a little more custom but I know I am dreaming.

For example the Ford GT has about 6 different colors and you get it with and without racing stripes or logo as an example.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/AEFE0FC44AA54E7384B4E0ECA12F08A3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2006, 09:54 PM

NO!!!!!

If price is really an issue....
Old 03-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

For me I will pay a few hundred dollars to keep the black carbon fiber strips on the hood. In this case price is not an issue.

I like Rustyman's comment below and look at the GT500 colorchart. Awesome!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rustyman
I like the color cart (link below) reference to the new GT500. Does anyone know of a similar color cart for the Challenger....Thanks for the help.

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/cobraPainter.html