View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:49 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Camaro Goes Hybrid?

I'm sure that the bad memories for some people are preventing them from buying diesels; however, I think that if they would use some Guerrilla Marketing tactics like what Ford has done to get Toyota and Honda customers to test their new cars, they could break through that barrier. I can't speak for the North East, nor can I speak for the west part of the country, but I can say that the people that I have talked to in the midwest are open minded to diesels, especially from my generation. When I talk to people about diesels, many of them think it sounds like a great idea. Many of them wouldn't be caught dead in a hybrid including myself. I read an article about Toyota trying to get people in this neck of the woods into hybrids and most of them said they would rather have diesels.

The new diesels are supposed to be 50 compatable, so I think they will be offered before long. I know that Volkswagen will be offering a diesel in the Jetta once again that sounds impressive and Honda is working on offering one here supposively in the Accord. I will admit, I might be tempted to buy a foreign car for a daily driver on this issue.

Yes, diesel isn't as cheap as it used to be, but the fuel saving difference is so significant it well over compensates for the cost difference just as buying regular gas compensates for the cost difference over E85.

Also remember that MB is selling diesels again and they are a luxury car, so think about what people not in the luxury market will accept.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts