Old 02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"

ORIGINAL: Riptide

Well jeez I hope they aren't equal when you consider how much more the SRT-8 costs in the first place.

Most likely 4.9 with the GT was about as perfect a run as they could have under perfect conditions. I understand that. 5.0-5.2 is going to be more common. The SRT-8 accelerates faster. Just not by much IMO.
I will agree that under absolute perfect conditions, 4.9 might be possible; however, what you're again forgetting is the price difference between the GT500 and GT. By the same token, you could claim the same about the GT500 as it costs $15-20K higher than the GT without dealer mark-ups taken into the equation while being not that much faster either. As I said earlier (and possibly in a different thread), anyone can easily modify the GT to be faster than the GT500 for much less money that the GT500 costs. The issue is that you buy cars like SRTs and GT500 because they are a stock performance package, not because they provide better bang for your buck. When the Challenger is in full-production, the R/T will compete against the GT. The SRT a full-performance does not compete against the GT a budge performance, it competes against the full performance GT500.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts