View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:32 AM
DSkippy
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear windows roll down?

And had Car phones! I still remember the first one I saw in '79, it was in a friend's mom's car, she was a secretary for the owner of my town's newspaper. Man, I thought that was wild. It's funny to see how far, how fast, we've come. And think in 20 or 30 years how folks will be laughing at all the things we find advanced today. Maybe these posts will be cached on google and people can look back.

Heck, think back 5 years ago when a TB still seemed like a ridiculous amount of storage. Or when flat panel TV's were still kind of opulent.

Yet for the cool stuff, seems like cars could be cooler. Why aren't power inverters for A/C in cars standard yet? (I know kind of goes against the less is more theme, but their cheap to add, give plenty of widely usable purpose and any company who said "standard on all of cars" (for pittance probably $10 at cost) could differentiate themselves with something I think many would gravitate too.

That, and of course, a "Mr Fusion" cold fusion engine that runs on beer, beer cans (nice product placement coors) and banana peels!