Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

get back to basics thats how offer crank windows manual locks get rid of the IRS and A/C and alot of the saftey stuff in cars today i doubt is really needed if my 93 ford probe doesn't have it you don't need it i am sure that would cut down some of the weight
I can see your point, but the problem is good luck getting people besides hard-core enthusiasts to buy it. People complained a lot over it lacking more expensive interior, how do you think they would react without the feature comforts they have been spoiled with having for the last 20+ years. The change to the solid rear axle for the Mustang has been blamed on why it has failed to surpass the benchmarks made by last generation's Cobra R and 03-04 Cobra despite producing more power and having an upgraded transmission. The safety stuff, they pretty much have to have; otherwise, they will get sued and/or people won't buy it because "it's unsafe!"

There was a test a while back on the Magnum SRT-8 that they found that the engine was producing about 467hp which they said that the 426 produced 467.3hp so they are supposed to be pretty close from what I understand.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts