Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler to close California design studio

ORIGINAL: Yankee

I dunno, I can see how moving a studio OUT of California could be a potentially good thing. Have any of you ever priced real estate in California? It's BEYOND stupid. While I can certainly respect the designs that have come out of the Pacifica studios, I can imagine it had to be enormously expensive to keep it going with all of the involved overhead costs and such. Hopefully Cerebrus can find a suitable alternative spot to come out with their designs without much compromise.
Well, its that way for a good reason. California tends to be the leader when it comes to new trends. You have to spend money to make money. Ever since the merger, Chrysler keeps trying to find new ways to save money and look at the results. They are struggling. Before the merger, they were spending more money and look at what was happening, they were making lots of money. If you want to be the best, you have to spend money for the best things. You need to best designers, not the left overs, you need the best engines, not the 9 years and still running designs, you need the best transmissions not the, hey we just fix the problem we've been dealing with for ten years transmission. That was how the Japanese caught us and unless we put in similar effort, we will continue to fall.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts