Thread: Gear ratio
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
MrKrisSullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gear ratio

Here's one from Road and Track 4.6 on an auto vette' and 4.8 on a manual 0-60 so what you assume is very wrong both are LS1 cars.
These rumors everyone talks about with manuals is bogus a lot of cars now are becoming a lot more effienct with auto transmistions.
While I agree manual cars handle a little better many auto cars are hands down faster. It show's true with the LS2 GTO also with the auto takeing a manual hands down by about the same margin.
My Hemi in my truck had a final gear option of 3.73 i think and 3.92 I being understanding of gear ratio's at the time went with the 3.92 which was no more than a few hundred dollar option.
Im very suprised that there isn't a 3.92 option in the challenger and am almost dissapointed in the 3.06 honestly. I think there should be a choice most definatly. The CAFE standards are across the board we need to get some cars running on AIR so we can get the ratio's we should be paying for
Yeah Hemi's hold the gears for a long time two, second to third is fun as heck but you can hold third to forth FOREVER. Just some thoughts Peace...