View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
WhiteHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Challenger Info

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Available Dodge Challenger R/T features include Remote Start, Keyless Go push-button start and heated leather seats.
I'll assume the Remote Start and Keyless Go options will only be available on the Automatic 5 speeds. Can't see how they could be done on the manual. [&o]
I agree that Remote Start on the manual would be a bad idea, but Keyless Go would work, wouldn't it?

As I understand it, Keyless Go is an extension of the keyless entry that my Dakota has. I can unlock the door of my truck without touching it with the key. Now, with Keyless Go, I can push-button-start my Challenger with the key still in my pocket. That would still work with a manual. They'd just have to make it dependant on the clutch being depressed when the Go-button was pressed.

I live in the south, so remote start doesn't mean much to me. I can see where guys in cold climates would want to start their cars ahead of time. I am looking forward to Keyless Go because it seems really convenient and a good way to prevent me from locking my keys in the car!