Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

2009 Challenger Info

Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Challenger Info

[quote]New York, Wed, Mar 19, 2008 - With global sales of 1.3 million vehicles in 2007, Dodge is Chrysler LLC’s best-selling brand. Momentum for the brand continues this year as eight new Dodge vehicles gain traction in the marketplace, including Dodge Grand Caravan, Caliber SRT4®, Journey, Durango Hybrid, Dakota, Viper, Ram and the 2009 Dodge Challenger.
“The Dodge barrage continues as each of these eight new vehicles hit the market,” said Mike Accavitti – Director, Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing, Chrysler LLC. “Our Dodge Grand Caravan is the bread and butter for the brand, our Ram is the meat and potatoes and the Dodge Challenger is the sweet dessert. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger is built to be the best balanced sports car on the road, combining performance, design and technology like no other.”

Segment Demographics
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger competes in the Standard Specialty Segment, which is comprised of coupes and convertibles. Traditionally, segment buyers are evenly split between males and females with more than 70 percent living without children at home.

Analysis shows coupe buyers, like all new buyers, seek quality; however, they also tend to pay closer attention to styling, image and driving attributes. These buyers generally fall into two main groups and Dodge Challenger characteristics should have equal appeal to both with its unique design, outstanding performance and 21st century technology.

One group is comprised of “Gen Xer’s” looking for a vehicle that is affordable, but stands out in a crowd. They want a vehicle that makes heads turn and is fun to drive.

Another group is made up of “Baby Boomers” with the financial freedom and income to spend on fulfilling discretionary vehicle purchases; however, outstanding performance and modern features are also important.

2009 Dodge Challenger Lineup
Dodge will offer three Dodge Challenger models: Dodge Challenger SRT8, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SE. A special-edition Dodge Challenger Classic R/T will be available later in the 2009 model year.

“With three models from which to choose, we’re making Dodge Challenger accessible to everyone,” said Accavitti. “From the maximum performance of the Dodge Challenger SRT8 to the cutting-edge technology available on Dodge Challenger SE, the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger offers a full menu of options for every customer.”

Dodge Challenger SRT8
Infused with Street and Racing Technology (SRT) DNA, the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 provides exactly what performance enthusiasts want in their modern interpretation of American muscle: standout powertrain, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking, functional and aggressive-looking exterior and a race-inspired interior.

The SRT-developed 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engine on the Dodge Challenger SRT8 generates a blistering 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (569 N•m) with two available transmissions — a new-for-2009 Tremec TR-6060 manual transmission or a five-speed automatic with Auto Stick. The six-speed manual transmission includes “Track Pak” Hill Start Assist (HSA), anti-spin rear axle, bright pedal covers, performance steering and an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) full-off switch.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 also features new-for-2009 limited-slip differential, SRT-exclusive 20-inch fully forged aluminum wheels, black hood stripe, a race-inspired interior including exclusive SRT8 seats with added bolstering, a classic, pistol-grip shifter (manual transmission) and a reconfigurable display with performance pages delivering readouts of 0–60 mph, 0–100 mph, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times, g-forces and 0–60 mph braking distance.

Dodge Challenger R/T
With the right mix of hardware and technology, the Dodge Challenger R/T is the most balanced sports car on the road. Featuring the new-generation, 370-horsepower (276 kW), 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with a five-speed automat
Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM

Default RE: 2009 Challenger Info

Available Dodge Challenger R/T features include Remote Start, Keyless Go push-button start and heated leather seats.
I'll assume the Remote Start and Keyless Go options will only be available on the Automatic 5 speeds. Can't see how they could be done on the manual. [&o]
Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well they could do it... but you would need a pocket global positioning devise to find the car
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Well they could do it... but you would need a pocket global positioning devise to find the car
I have one of those!.....
Do I need to implant a chip in the car - like people are doing now with their pets - to make this work?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Available Dodge Challenger R/T features include Remote Start, Keyless Go push-button start and heated leather seats.
I'll assume the Remote Start and Keyless Go options will only be available on the Automatic 5 speeds. Can't see how they could be done on the manual. [&o]
I agree that Remote Start on the manual would be a bad idea, but Keyless Go would work, wouldn't it?

As I understand it, Keyless Go is an extension of the keyless entry that my Dakota has. I can unlock the door of my truck without touching it with the key. Now, with Keyless Go, I can push-button-start my Challenger with the key still in my pocket. That would still work with a manual. They'd just have to make it dependant on the clutch being depressed when the Go-button was pressed.

I live in the south, so remote start doesn't mean much to me. I can see where guys in cold climates would want to start their cars ahead of time. I am looking forward to Keyless Go because it seems really convenient and a good way to prevent me from locking my keys in the car!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 PM

I have seen remote starts for manual transmissions. Owner need to "park" vehicle in nuetral, with parking brake set. Remote starter module has sensor for trans to determine nuetral. Also seen them for diesel trucks with glow plug delays.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:44 PM

I love my remote start here in AZ during those 120 degree summer days. I can start the car from the across the parking lot when I leave work and it's nice and cool by the time I walk to the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I love my remote start here in AZ during those 120 degree summer days. I can start the car from the across the parking lot when I leave work and it's nice and cool by the time I walk to the car.
I'm impressed! I've never had an A/C that was worth two cents before the car gets up to speed. I think I could let it idle all day and it would never get cool. Maybe it's the Alabama humidity. We don't get 120 degree days, but we get 100 degrees that'll stick to you. I've always heard the "dry heat" out west was better!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:13 PM

Yea, I spend a lot of time in AL at AMCOM conducting business. I'll take AZ 120 over your 100 any day.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:41 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paladin06

[/quote

heres a question...if you have electronic A/C controls, how do you turn on the A/C remotely? On any car I have had with those, the system always defaulted to off when the car was shut off...

Quick Reply: 2009 Challenger Info