View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

We shall see. How do you figure the dealers are overloaded with orders. I know of three that do not have firm buyers for the allocation of the cars.[&:]
Because I have talked to several dealers that not only have their's already sold but have customers coming in all the time asking for them for orders that they can't fill yet.

The other thing is there is marketing. Just the other day, I saw a sponsored ad on youtube. They are advertising it some, but like I said, they will waste money and effort if they start the momentum full fledged right now when the car isn't readily available, they will crowd the dealerships with customers wanting it this instant, and the idea of waiting a few months will discourage the customers and cause them to want to go else where. Think about it, when did Toyota do the ads for their new Tundra, a few months before it was out, or right as they were releasing it in full fledged production where everyone could drive one. They did it when it was available. It would be a mistake to do it before they had it. The ads for the Charger did not come out until after they were at the dealerships. This is common marketing practices for today because we have a society full of people who lack patience. The idea of waiting a few months is like waiting a decade and they will lose their interest if you do it too soon. That is what is happening to GM with the Camaro. Also remember that Chrysler right now is on a tighter budget than GM or Ford and as a result needs to use their marketing money more wisely so then it is more effective. If you advertise now, you will have to continue advertising until the car is finally in full production. Better to wait until it is ready to be in full production, and this is coming from the keyboard of a marketer.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts