Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing

Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing

The Ford Mustang and Pontiac G8 are everywhere. That's TV, Radio and in the press. WTF is Chrysler waiting for??

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/31/f...eality-series/
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing

That is exactly what i am wondering.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

I think they believe there's such a ridiculous amount of hype around this vehicle, they don't need to hype it further. People are going to be clamoring for it as soon as it is available.

That coupled with the fact they are on shoe string budgets, they are probably waiting to see the whites of the proverbial buyer's eyes when these cars come on line.

Maybe, they are trying to save their AD dollars so they can do an all out blitz right as the Challengers go into full production.

Somewhat unrelated mostly to the post, apologies:

Here's a thought, do you ever wonder if Broadcast Media ever consider discounts for struggling revenue sources? You know take a long term view for a company/industry that's struggling. Kind of like low interest taxpayer loan to Iaccoca from the American tax payer so that America would not lose the jobs, American automobile companies could get a break from Broadcast Media on advertising (discounted; not gratis) to ensure there'd be more people to buy from them in the future? Just a thought.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

I think they believe there's such a ridiculous amount of hype around this vehicle, they don't need to hype it further. People are going to be clamoring for it as soon as it is available.

That coupled with the fact they are on shoe string budgets, they are probably waiting to see the whites of the proverbial buyer's eyes when these cars come on line.

Maybe, they are trying to save their AD dollars so they can do an all out blitz right as the Challengers go into full production.

Somewhat unrelated mostly to the post, apologies:

Here's a thought, do you ever wonder if Broadcast Media ever consider discounts for struggling revenue sources? You know take a long term view for a company/industry that's struggling. Kind of like low interest taxpayer loan to Iaccoca from the American tax payer so that America would not lose the jobs, American automobile companies could get a break from Broadcast Media on advertising (discounted; not gratis) to ensure there'd be more people to buy from them in the future? Just a thought.
On top of this, all of the 2008 models I believe have already been ordered, why bother advertising before the car is even available for the public to purchase? There was a article not to long ago criticizing GM for doing the marketing for the Camaro so darn early that it is working against them. GM and Ford are not very efficient companies so I wouldn't use them as a template in how much to put into your budget. I'm sure that when it is in full production they will have a impressive commercial that they are waiting to put out.

Paladin06, I understand your frustration, but I would appreciate it if you would refrain from using that acronym.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM

It only means something offensive if you think that way.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM

May 10th is the Dodge Challenger 500 at Darlington Speedway in Prime Time 7:00 Pm. on Fox.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

It only means something offensive if you think that way.
We know what it means, so please don't post that in our "family friendly forum".
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:30 AM

The Challenger's sexiness is all the advertising it needs.
But yeah, I would definitely like to see some TV shows about the Challenger.
I wish Dodge had started all this like 3 years ago. Then it wouldn't be all mustang all the time.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 AM

I still believe that Chrysler is making the same advertising mistakes it made during the last muscle car war. As an example, I have said to many of my co-workers and neighbors that I am getting a new Challenger and they respond, "why do you want a 4 door Charger", you have an empty nest??? Note the Charger response.

My daughter at the tender age of 22 gets the same kind of response from her friends and co-workers.

Now if we say the new Camaro or Pontiac G8, they know exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 AM

I don’t think there is anything to market right now. The 08’s are sold out and there is no info on the 09’s. I think if there were commercials out for the Challenger people would go to dealerships to ask about them. The dealer has absolutely no info. You go on dodges website and you can look at pictures of the car but you really aren’t getting the info you need. You run the risk of angering your buyers by not providing them the info they need.

I would venture a guess that once info on the 09’s price and first order entry date are released that we will be seeing some advertising for them.

Quick Reply: Chrysler is so FAR behind in Marketing