Old 04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6 girls beat up 16 year old; two boys keep watch

Sorry B but here is where opinion is just that. No proof that what you say is so. I can only go off my own experience at being a father and spanking my boys. not beating if that is your definition. three swats across the bottom and guess what... 2 boys that grow up to be fine young men that are a credit to their community. Law abiding and tax paying. 1 that is 24 and owns 4 cars and his own house. The youngest owns three cars and pays for his rental house. Both workin the Nuclear business and are quite successul at what they do. My father spanked me and my brothers and guess what... we all turned out to be very balanced and successful in the paths we have chose. they in turn raised their boys the same and its looking real good for those kids so far. Their is a difference in spanking your kid and beating them. I have seen the effects of the ( time out) kids and that in my opinion does not work. So you do it your way and I have already done it mine. Mine worked! Yelling and screaming does not work. You have to take time and be a parent, not your kids best friend. You are a parent that is what we do. Theywill find best friends at school. And if reading books gives you the instruction you need to parent... thats because your parents did a lousy job. My father and I are close at the heart, though distance is over a 1000 miles. I have no regrets in how I was raised and for me and my siblings its been very successful.