View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:29 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car and Driver

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Agreed. . . I had a 94 intrepid and it was a lot better than the avenger they've got out now. They already have a charger, they didn't need to make a "mini-charger" too.

It's especially dissapointing since chrysler makes some of the coolest concepts. Charger concept, firepower, razor.
That is why I'm struggling to make a decision for a replacement for my 97 Intrepid. The Avenger has a trunk that I would expect to find in a compact car, not a mid-sized. I can tolerate smaller since an Avenger is a Stratus replacement, but it is simply too small. The interior is a big step down from the soft materials my Intrepid has. The only things improved are the engine and transmission and the engine's output improvement of a mere 21hp & 11ft-lbs of tq boost over an 11 year period (15 year period if you count the starting year of the original Intrepid) isn't that inspiring.

I would consider the Charger, the only problem is I must have either FWD or AWD with the weather conditions and RWD simply does not work and the fuel economy with the AWD is simply horrible. What they need to do is look through the concepts they had back in the 90s to early merger years and use those for inspiration.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts