View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:23 AM
BUDMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have an '09 VIN yet?

I do know the answer to this but my factory buddies would have no idea. They are building 6 Cyl challengers for rental cars. As you know allot of people travel for work and they rent cars. The auto industry makes very good deals with rental car companies because it is a TEST DRIVE for the manufacture. The Charger is considered a full size with most rental car company's and it was very popular. I would think that the Challenger will be placed in the Standard size group with the Mustang and SS. And there will be 1,000's of them out there. The rental car co's will use this as an upgrade and it will give them a higher profit margin in tough time's so they will be beating the door down to get them.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

OK, Budman, here's a question for your factory contacts: Are there any plans now to build Challengers for the rental-car market? I'm serious about getting two Challengers, and I'd be more than pleased if I could buy one new one and one used by a rental-car company (in other words, semi-cheap). Actually, most of my cars have been used rental cars and I've always had pretty good luck with them.