Thread: some updates
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some updates

My Dad is a good spotter of Challengers and Thunderbirds. This morning he sent me an email that last night (5/31/08) while watching the Detroit Tigers on TV he saw a sign at the stadium with Challenger. No more info than that. So I went to Tiger TV internet. Pages shows June schedule, today June 1 at Seattle. I scroll back to May, and May 31 is also at Seattle. Back to June 1, game is on at 4;15 Detroit time. It was 4:37. So I put in a video tape, and turn on the game, 3rd inning. Commercial just ends, A Detroit Tiger walks up to plate, Dodge Challenger sign is in background on field wall behind the plate, I flick record. Batter steps out of box, gives better view of sign and picture, Ump calls time, steps away, better still, pitcher pitches a ball, everybody steps away from plate, sign in full view. I click off game to leave for family party.

Game is on TV at family party. I watch a little. The sign must be a revolving or electronic switching sign, I NEVER see Challenger again. How cool is that?

Chicago Tribune 5/18/08 already posted, now I have a back issue, and added to list. 'HOLY Hemi"

How about this....One of my sources sent me a DVD from Chrysler of the Nov 2007 Dealer party and preproduction Challenger form Las Vegas. I had to download some DVD decoder programs to get it to play, it's long.

I recoreded the Motorweek TV broadcast

This was a cool find: Detroit News (5/25/08) small paragraph and photo in back of business section announcing article about Challenger to run 5/29

Detroit Free Press, 5/29/08 full page and large photo article

Detroit Free Press 5/30/08 pg 2A "reader's write" letter to editor bashing gas guzzler.

Trouble finding Orlando Sentienl article posted here on forum as 5/25, no record of it at Sentinel. also, Anybody know which issue of RACER had Challenger article posted date is 4/30/08

Steve