Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

some updates

Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some updates

My Dad is a good spotter of Challengers and Thunderbirds. This morning he sent me an email that last night (5/31/08) while watching the Detroit Tigers on TV he saw a sign at the stadium with Challenger. No more info than that. So I went to Tiger TV internet. Pages shows June schedule, today June 1 at Seattle. I scroll back to May, and May 31 is also at Seattle. Back to June 1, game is on at 4;15 Detroit time. It was 4:37. So I put in a video tape, and turn on the game, 3rd inning. Commercial just ends, A Detroit Tiger walks up to plate, Dodge Challenger sign is in background on field wall behind the plate, I flick record. Batter steps out of box, gives better view of sign and picture, Ump calls time, steps away, better still, pitcher pitches a ball, everybody steps away from plate, sign in full view. I click off game to leave for family party.

Game is on TV at family party. I watch a little. The sign must be a revolving or electronic switching sign, I NEVER see Challenger again. How cool is that?

Chicago Tribune 5/18/08 already posted, now I have a back issue, and added to list. 'HOLY Hemi"

How about this....One of my sources sent me a DVD from Chrysler of the Nov 2007 Dealer party and preproduction Challenger form Las Vegas. I had to download some DVD decoder programs to get it to play, it's long.

I recoreded the Motorweek TV broadcast

This was a cool find: Detroit News (5/25/08) small paragraph and photo in back of business section announcing article about Challenger to run 5/29

Detroit Free Press, 5/29/08 full page and large photo article

Detroit Free Press 5/30/08 pg 2A "reader's write" letter to editor bashing gas guzzler.

Trouble finding Orlando Sentienl article posted here on forum as 5/25, no record of it at Sentinel. also, Anybody know which issue of RACER had Challenger article posted date is 4/30/08

Steve
Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Default RE: some updates

I can vouch for the signage at the stadium. I am a season ticket holder, don't hold that against me, and they do indeed have the rotational Challenger sign behind home plate. Dodge is a sponsor at Safeco Field, and they have another full time shot in Left Center. It had been advertising the '08 the last few weeks, but having attended the game this past Tuesday against Boston, I saw no mention of '08, or I just missed it. Anyway, they are advertising in the stadium only. I have seen nothing else in the local Seattle area.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 AM

I've seen that banner ad during the Mariner's games also. Seems to be revolving, as you say, but they have been displaying it for months at the games. My boys always let me know when they see it come up as they watch the games fairly often on TV. Do you suppose this is where Chrysler is spending all thier advertising money... infrequently behind home plate at the Mariner's games. Maybe there was a survey and it was decided this would be the most effective use of advertising dollars...
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also saw that same Challenger ad banner at a Houston Astros game on TV- it was in Spanish!