View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:13 PM
npeifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW TO APPROACH DEALER

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

I have a dilema I could use some advice on. I bought my car in February for 10,000.00 over sticker with a 5000.00 non refundable deposit. The 5000 could be used on another car from the dealership but I am not interested in any others.
I think the car has lost value because:
A: They are now going to sell orange 2009's
B: The car will now arrive almost the same time as the 09's
C: I did not realize the car has an open rear end and the 09 will have a substantial upgrade
D: Gas prices have gone up substantially

My question is, should I let the dealer know now while I'm still in D status that I don't want it (at current price) and tell them if they can find a replacement buyer and give my money back I'll be happy. ( seems to me they have no incentive to do that) Or should I let everything play out till the car arrives. I would also be willing to use my deposit on an 09 at MSRP.
Can some of you sales people or dealers let me know what you think my most effective way to negotiate this would be
Hmmm tough situation. I as a dealer would be willing to allow you to take the 2009 at MSRP as a replacement but it is up to them to make this call ? I kind of figured a few of these situations would arise.

To be completely honest with you I believe that with a little help from an attorney you could get all of your money back without even going to court. I know myself that i do not want the bad PR that would come with a situation like this especially when I would have one of the hottest cars on the planet to sell either way.

Do you have any friends that are lawyers ?