View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GM vs. DCX

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

my point is that there shouldnt be a comparison to an engine that is a year old, and "only" produces 425hp...when the mustang is using an engine that has been used for quite a while, and has 500 hp.

plus, the challenger is a new car..there are bound to be "bugs", where as the stang is not...

so..

40 grand for a car with a more powerful, proven engine and proven chassis, compared to a car that is made out of a sedan chassis, with an engine that hasnt really been pushed much, with 75 less hp...for the same price??
Hold on. The GT500 is rated at best the last time I check at 475hp. I have seen dynos (I believe it was Motor Trend's review of the Magnum SRT-8) that claim the 6.1L is producing 467hp. Plus, if it offers a functional air scoop (which I believe we decided it did) that would boost the output some as well considering how the 300C & Magnum SRT-8 lacks one and will have the same rating. It will probably be further underrated. Proven engine that has been out for a while? In order for an engine to be proven it must be reliable. This engine is hardly proven. The 4 valve supercharged version of the 5.4L was first introduced in the GT. The Lighting was 2 valve. I was watching a showdown on the Speed Channel where they were comparing a GT to a Viper and in the middle of the test the GT's engine broke down. They are going to be using a different supercharger on this model; therefore, some flaws could develop. You can't use the supercharged 4.6L to aid you in this arguement because then you would have to include the 5.7L as well. Plus, I have heard rumors about problems they had with previous supercharged Mustangs.

The 6.1L will be more proven by the time the Challenger is released in '08. It will have what 2-3 years under its belt; whereas, this version of the 5.4L supercharged will just be starting out with its new supercharger. The Mustang has its own bugs still. It hasn't been noted for being the most reliable last time I checked. Besides what do you think is going to last longer? A supercharged V8 with 4 valves per cylinder or a simple high output pushrod. My observations of history show a simplier engine lasts longer.
I am really enjoying this discussion on the comparisons.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.