Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

GM vs. DCX

Old 06-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GM vs. DCX

well, the pounds per HP tells the story, but there is some aspect if it being traction limited...however, all of the cars that i posted above, including the mirada, have traction issues...
Old 06-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Even though I'm not a Mustang fan, I'd still like to see the GT500 being more competitive than this. This is disappointing to say the least.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-16-2006, 05:20 PM

OK, I am trying to figure out the arguement here. Now, my car Sticker was around 27k, But through my company I got the x-plan price which was a little over the 24k. I got the deluxe which is MSRP's around 25k w/ IUP option and antttheft. Now remember this is the price of the car itself. Not the OTD price. After tax, licensing, "extended service plan" = 7 year, and I got a deal on this plan where they service the car for 4 years. All fluids changed and tires rotated. I actually paid only for 3 year plan but they gave me an extra year for being patient with them trying to find my car. OTD was around 30k.

Now with what people are saying about the challenger, I would say possibly a little over 30K, so the OTD, if you add what was on mine, will be close to 40K.

SO jeremiah, when you say your relative paid 32K that was OTD, so that is seeable, but then you are comparing that with just the MSRP(what we are estimating it will be with the 5.7l hemi) of the challenger you will pay quite a bit more because of added on dollars.

anyways, don't know if this helps in whatever arguement is going on, because frankly, I am a little confused on what the point of this is. [8D]

Excuse me as my mind is still on Island time and hasn't rebooted yet to full functionality.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Well TechmanBD....I think about 3 weeks ago there was a discussion about my relative paying too much for a Mustang GT and that is what the discussion was about. and not about comparing it to a 5.7L Hemi Challenger.

The quote is:

BadStratRT
thats ridiculous...techman has a brand new gt, and im sure that he paid NO where near 32 grand...an acquaintance of mine just bought an 06 GT, and he only paid 30,000 CDN...i dont know what the conversion rate is, but your relative needs to learn to haggle a bit, because he or she got taken...

My response was to itemize and show how we came at that number and in fact it was a very good that probably nobody could beat assuming all of the same options were purchased.

The fact that you paid $30K is close enough to $32K for me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.