View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
JeepDodgeRam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Pricing Announced!

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

It depends how well these cars sell. There will definitely be no rebates, gas cards, 0% financing, etc. on the SRT and probably not on the R/T.

You can wait but don't hold your breath.
We are a very specialized group of consumers here in that we love this car and the retro styling it brings. However, I don't think the general market is quite so intrigued with the 2-door Challenger vs the 4-door Charger. The Charger is not a bad looking car, especially in the eyes of the intended market, but they aren't flying out of the showrooms right now. In my area (Southern VA), there are at least 5 SRT-8 Chargers available and dozens of R/T Chargers including several Hemi Orange R/T Daytonas. The R/Ts (including the Daytona) are available around invoice and you can get a sizable rebate and/or the gas card or financing. The SRT-8s are similarly negotiable without the incentives. I bought a Hemi Orange Daytona myself and could have had an SRT-8 for the same price or less .

I believe once the '09 Challengers hit the showrooms, we'll start seeing the same thing. The newness will wear off and by this time next year, you should expect incentives along the same lines as the Charger/Avenger.

Just my opinion...