View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 AM
trev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME PLEASE

First of all hello to everyone I'm new, but have been lurking around here for months as a guest.

I have a dilemma.

This Challenger business is real shakey.

So I ordered a 2008 Challenger at the Steven's Creek Dodge Dealership in San Jose, Ca. Back in February.

Put down an $18k deposit. Check, I have a receipt.

I have a all the kinds of weird dealership documents for the order of the the car, with a VON # no VIN, all kinds of other stuff order codes and crap.
signed by me, the salesman, and the sales manager of the dealership, dated. with the price next to our signatures.

I have a sales contract, but it has the VIN # 33333333333333333 on it, but its for the purchase of the 2008 challenger.

signed dated prices all match up, showing that I put down a deposit, etc.

I'm not financing the car, I'm paying it off in full.

So I call the dealer, recently because they still haven't cashed my check.

The salesman says he doesn't know if he can sell me the car. gives me this stroy about how the owner found out what they were doing and froze all the sales of the car.

talked to some friends in the car business (that know how to do business), and they told me the it doesn't matter vin or no vin on the contract they have to sale me the car, and for the price on the contract.

what do you guys suggest I do? I think the dealership is trying to jack me for more money.