Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HELP ME PLEASE

Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME PLEASE

First of all hello to everyone I'm new, but have been lurking around here for months as a guest.

I have a dilemma.

This Challenger business is real shakey.

So I ordered a 2008 Challenger at the Steven's Creek Dodge Dealership in San Jose, Ca. Back in February.

Put down an $18k deposit. Check, I have a receipt.

I have a all the kinds of weird dealership documents for the order of the the car, with a VON # no VIN, all kinds of other stuff order codes and crap.
signed by me, the salesman, and the sales manager of the dealership, dated. with the price next to our signatures.

I have a sales contract, but it has the VIN # 33333333333333333 on it, but its for the purchase of the 2008 challenger.

signed dated prices all match up, showing that I put down a deposit, etc.

I'm not financing the car, I'm paying it off in full.

So I call the dealer, recently because they still haven't cashed my check.

The salesman says he doesn't know if he can sell me the car. gives me this stroy about how the owner found out what they were doing and froze all the sales of the car.

talked to some friends in the car business (that know how to do business), and they told me the it doesn't matter vin or no vin on the contract they have to sale me the car, and for the price on the contract.

what do you guys suggest I do? I think the dealership is trying to jack me for more money.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 AM

Default RE: HELP ME PLEASE

Go there in person and see what is really going on. Your probably better off getting your check back and shopping elsewhere. It's not worth spending money trying to sue and still end up with no car. Sorry to hear you got involved with that slime....
Old 06-11-2008, 04:29 AM

If they're blaming the owner, you should talk to him. What was it that they were doing that he found out about? If they try to ask for more money after you have an 18K deposit, you should walk. If they will not return deposit either, then it's lawyer time.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM

I manage a dealership and my advice to you is, go and talk to the owner in person. Explain that this was all done in good faith and you would like your vehicle when it is available. Be nice about it not threatening. My mom always said you get furthur with honey than vinegar !
Old 06-11-2008, 08:01 AM

The exact same thing happened to me on a 2006 red z-06 at MAIN MOTORS in Anoka Minnesota , I had a contract money down blah blah. I ended up going to see the ownwer in person , it was him who actually cancelled my order. Bottom line , HE was driving a 2006 Z-06 corvette , and I have not spent a dime on them since and continue to tell my side of event. Most of them are CROOKS.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 AM

thanks for all the advice guys.

I'm new to all this business transaction trouble shooting (just turned 21 last Fab). You now, I'm used to dealing with people that actually know how to conduct business properly.

About a week ago the salesmen id he'd call me back with details from talking to the owner, but he never does call me back when he says he will.

So I guess, I'm gonna have to synch up the webbers on my Ghia, and take a trip up the 101 today.

I really don't see what room they have to mess with me on this, but I'm not going to push it super hard either, I'm not the suing type.

I mean, I think they are just trying to take advantage of me because of my age, but whatever.

Its funny, because I just went on vacation for the summer, and my wrench head friends and I have nothing better to do, then sit out in front of the dodge dealership with our hot rods, signs, and megaphones bad mouthing the dealership. Not that I would go that far, but I could see myself doing that if they start to get disrespectful with me about it.