View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changes NASCAR should make.

I have lost interest in NASCAR after I took a tour of Penske Auto Racing's factory and learned a few things I didn't know previously.

1. They all use the same platform now between the Big Three.
2. The engines they use are no longer used in the cars the sell (meaning the V8s in the NASCAR vehicles cannot be found in any new GM, Ford, or Chrysler products).
3. They are still using four speed manuals (which are not used in any new performance cars).

In other words, the difference betweent the racing Intrepid and the racing Charger is the plastic cover styling. The difference between a racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo, racing Ford Fusion, and racing Charger is marginal. Back in the golden days, the cars had to offer the engine and transmission being used by the drive, not any more.

I think it's time to update NASCAR. Here are my proposals.

You may use any engine displacement up to 440 cubic engines and any transmission up to 6-speeds; however, you may only use what engines and transmissions you actually offer with the car you are selling with the fuel systems that are in there. Meaning the Monte Carlo may use their 5.3L LS4 with the 4T65E-HD, Ford will only be allowed to use their 3.0L VVT with the Aisin-Warner 6-speed, the Charger will be allowed to use the 6.1L HEMI with the A580 transmission. No changes can be made to the gear ratios other than to the rear-end ratio.

You must use the platform of the car you sell with the wheel drive it has stock. Meaning the Monte Carlo will have to use the W-Body, the Fusion will have the Mazda 6 platform, and the Charger will have the LX platform. The Monte Carlo will have to remain FWD as will the Fusion, while the Charger will remain RWD.

Up to 4 valves per cylinder may be used, fuel-injection is fine, VVT systems are okay. Turbos and Superchargers are not allowed.

What do you think what would you like to change or add?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts