View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:38 AM
mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $ Value $: Present and Future

To many variables in my opinion to make an accurate prediction. Variables always boil down to supply and demand since the value of a used challenger would be on parr with baseball cards (only worth what you are willing to pay for it). Variables to consider would be build quality, fuel economy, oil prices in the future, interest rates, insurance costs, home values (line of credit), credit lending practices, length of production for the car and amount produced, milage depreciation, etc.

My best guess is the prices for these cars after the initial demand is met will be lower with heavy discount incentives on new models and heavy depreciation on used vehicles in the short term. Of course when the economy turns around and if oil prices become stable or retreat, all bets are off.

So depending on your own situation, either buying now or waiting would be appropriate. If you have the money and really want the car, then go for it. If you want the car but really want a great deal, wait a few years which is my current plan. Of course you need to look at your own financial situation, job stability, retirement, health, etc. If I was older and had medical conditions, I might override my economic concerns and buy now so I could enjoy the car.

Don't know if I helped you or made this even more confusing for you, but I tried to lay out my thoughts on this situation.