Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

$ Value $: Present and Future

Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $ Value $: Present and Future

It seems the +$20k is falling. All over eBay cars are sitting there under $50k. I have a deal in the works for a Silver 08 $48k + tax and I am about to mail the deposit to hold the car....

So I am wondering if I should hold out a little longer..... Maybe I can get a better deal. Am I getting ripped off?

Also, what do you think the value of these 08's will be in 2-3 years? Do you think they will fall under $30k?

Somebody please chime in on your economics.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:42 AM

Default RE: $ Value $: Present and Future

I think they will stay around the mid 40s 09s loaed are in the mid 40s .As more people see the cars I think they will get bought up . Dealers are learngin they cant be so gredy .
Old 07-11-2008, 07:06 AM

I put a little efoort into a response but I can't post it. oh well.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 AM

clasko10 send me an email, yodesigner@gmail.com would love to hear what you think.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 AM

email sent. Why can I post this and not an intelligent paragraph? Must not be that intelligent I guess.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 AM

dont use too many punctuation marks. It really dosnt like apostrophes. I always copy my posts to the clipboard before I try to post. That way if there is a problem, I can just paste my original and look over the punctuation.

Good Luck,

Dave

ORIGINAL: clasko10

email sent. Why can I post this and not an intelligent paragraph? Must not be that intelligent I guess.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 AM

I copied my response for that post so it was an easy email. I went through and removed every bit of puctuation and it still wouldnt take. I guess I will keep trying. Nice pics at Moss by the way. I am starting to wish I had ordered black.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:38 AM
mac

To many variables in my opinion to make an accurate prediction. Variables always boil down to supply and demand since the value of a used challenger would be on parr with baseball cards (only worth what you are willing to pay for it). Variables to consider would be build quality, fuel economy, oil prices in the future, interest rates, insurance costs, home values (line of credit), credit lending practices, length of production for the car and amount produced, milage depreciation, etc.

My best guess is the prices for these cars after the initial demand is met will be lower with heavy discount incentives on new models and heavy depreciation on used vehicles in the short term. Of course when the economy turns around and if oil prices become stable or retreat, all bets are off.

So depending on your own situation, either buying now or waiting would be appropriate. If you have the money and really want the car, then go for it. If you want the car but really want a great deal, wait a few years which is my current plan. Of course you need to look at your own financial situation, job stability, retirement, health, etc. If I was older and had medical conditions, I might override my economic concerns and buy now so I could enjoy the car.

Don't know if I helped you or made this even more confusing for you, but I tried to lay out my thoughts on this situation.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 AM

I agree with MAC 100 per cent and add to that all I think you need to do right now is look at fuel prices going thru the roof and the economy going sour and with that I think current premium prices tacked on by dealers will fall so unless you WANT THE CAR NOW then buy it oterwise wait a couple of three months or so, Fat Cat
ORIGINAL: mac

To many variables in my opinion to make an accurate prediction. Variables always boil down to supply and demand since the value of a used challenger would be on parr with baseball cards (only worth what you are willing to pay for it). Variables to consider would be build quality, fuel economy, oil prices in the future, interest rates, insurance costs, home values (line of credit), credit lending practices, length of production for the car and amount produced, milage depreciation, etc.

My best guess is the prices for these cars after the initial demand is met will be lower with heavy discount incentives on new models and heavy depreciation on used vehicles in the short term. Of course when the economy turns around and if oil prices become stable or retreat, all bets are off.

So depending on your own situation, either buying now or waiting would be appropriate. If you have the money and really want the car, then go for it. If you want the car but really want a great deal, wait a few years which is my current plan. Of course you need to look at your own financial situation, job stability, retirement, health, etc. If I was older and had medical conditions, I might override my economic concerns and buy now so I could enjoy the car.

Don't know if I helped you or made this even more confusing for you, but I tried to lay out my thoughts on this situation.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM

"Also, what do you think the value of these 08's will be in 2-3 years? Do you think they will fall under $30k?"

No way they will go below 30k unless you somehow put 150,000 miles on it in 3 years. But don't expect the value to go up. . . I told a guy at a dealership it wasn't worth $15,000 over msrp. . . he said in 5 years it'll be worth $80,000. Mr salesman, if it's such an amazing investment why haven't you bought it yet?

Quick Reply: $ Value $: Present and Future