View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A camera with a cell phone is a must!

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

We certainly did get off topic on this off topic discussion, but oh well. There is more to being a Christian that just the movements. You have to have a full relationship with God. I have one and have had one for a long time. I really don't know how to respond beyond that. My father warned me many times that faith is an issue that is not the best thing to discuss.
My Dad used to tell me the same thing but 25 years later he knows better. Your Dad may be saying that because of what you told me of not wanting to be confrontational but as Christians we are to be bold.

Here is what the Bible has to say about that:

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This is called the Great Commission.....I am sure you have heard and read that scripture before.

I am glad to hear to have a relationship with God. Totally Awesome and thanks for sharing that.
Well I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I debate with my relatives who are not Christian quite often. I've been burnt on forums (including the one where my title name "RLSH700" came from) before by discussing this subject before (some of the people I met were quite frightening), and as a result I'm just a little apprehensive. I'm also a little rusty on discussing this. I'm just concerned that this might cause some problems, that we might have different opinions on certain things.

The problem is I have meet some Christians who have similar beliefs as mine, but differ on some small issues and that caused a disaster. I have Christian friends that have more different beliefs than I who I can discuss the difference and make no big deal about it. We both consider each to be a devote Christian and agree to disagree.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I might have some different beliefs than you and I don't want that to become a problem. If we can talk about common ground issues, I would prefer that. I'm thinking more down the road discussions. More general discussion about living as a Christian. Sharing advice, scripture verses and so forth. I feel comfortable about that.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Make no mistake I have no problem about talking about my faith. My faith and relationship with God is the reason why I have been able to do as well as I have. I went to a Christian high school and I'm proud of it. I'm just concerned about a conflict between our beliefs and I don't want to make an issue over the differences.

BTW, are we allow to talk about this topic in the off topic in this forum?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts