Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 AM
LXSRT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

how about the 3.6 putting out almost 300 horses...jeez thats impresive...ford has a 4.6 doing the samething
Anyone find that at least a little remarkable???
I found out that for some reason, I can not have the quote or apostrophe character ANYWHERE in my message or I get a browser error when I Preview it or try to Post it.

Only happens on this board. I tried the exact paragraph that wont work in here on the Charger forum and it was fine.

See next post for more deatils on that.

Now that I figured it out, I can correctly do the post I made above so let me try again:

The Nissan 350Z has a 3.5 Liter engine and it puts out 306 horses with almost the same amount of torque (285) .

It gets that horsepower without "cheating" ie. No Turbo or NOS or whatever.
Just good old technology with such things as 4 valves per cylinder and Variable Intake & Exhaust Timing

I had one until I sold it last year to buy a Charger SRT. Thanks to the torque on that Z , It was the torque that got me hooked to buy the Cherger SRT

I call it my Charger my "4 door Challenger"

Going from that high tech V6 to the 6.1 Hemi has been fun. Fun because when people ask me how much HP, they then ask "how many valves per cylinder"
I reply with 2. One for the Intake and one for the Exhasut and it is a push rod engine. Not overhead valve. That really gets me funny looks