Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revealed: Official Shots of 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Is there a character count limit for new members?

I ask because the previous message I posted comes back with a web browser error. I just kept deleteing more and more words and it finally posted without an error message

[IMG]local://upfiles/1596/3D76DD7D3FD044A09CDE45D9A9B263FF.jpg[/IMG]

Click on the Thumbnail and you WILL see a screen snapshot of the error message.
Do not conclude what you see by thinking YOU are having a browser problem. That is the message I get when I try and post or Preview the message

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen

I have been messing with this post by editing it and trying various things with the text and I have found a patttern

It is not a character limit. It has something to so with using formatting

For example, I can add a sentnce that has this phrase in it: Do Not

BUT

If I add a sentance that uses the contraction form of : Do Not
I get that error message

Ie. If I try to use Dont with the apostrophe between the n and the t, I get the error message when I try to post or preview it

It may be the apostrophe that is the culprit. I will got to a test area of the forum and mess with this

At least now I can go back and fix the post that is blank

Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 PM

well I don't know what your talking about kevin with the explorer engine.... because im talking about the mustang V8 GT putting out 300hp vs. a Camaro V6 putting out 300
Yes I do know about the Pheonix engine but we'll see when it gets here and from what I know the Phoenix is a 4.0 so why doesn't it put out more than 300??
Give it to the Camaro for that alone....
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 PM

LXSRT8, No theres been issues with the forum. Its been going on for over a month now. At times Ill have a whole post typed and lose it because of the errors. Ive mostly just been posting less because of it. Mostly it seems to have to do with punctuation. Dont use much more than periods and you should be alright. Its frustrating for me because I type about 100 wpm and rarely miss an apostrophe or slash and I have to go back and cut them all out of my posts. . . Also I think I am the only person on the entire internet who knows the correct usage of the different -its- and not being able to show my superior intellect in my posts about dodge challengers makes me sad.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

well I don't know what your talking about kevin with the explorer engine.... because im talking about the mustang V8 GT putting out 300hp vs. a Camaro V6 putting out 300
Yes I do know about the Pheonix engine but we'll see when it gets here and from what I know the Phoenix is a 4.0 so why doesn't it put out more than 300??
Give it to the Camaro for that alone....
you know me kris i was just trashing the mustang. Yea both v6s are great, I don't care, I care about v8s and the new camaro at 3900+ lbs is as fat as our challenger.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

LXSRT8, No theres been issues with the forum. Its been going on for over a month now. At times Ill have a whole post typed and lose it because of the errors. Ive mostly just been posting less because of it. Mostly it seems to have to do with punctuation. Dont use much more than periods and you should be alright. Its frustrating for me because I type about 100 wpm and rarely miss an apostrophe or slash and I have to go back and cut them all out of my posts. . . Also I think I am the only person on the entire internet who knows the correct usage of the different -its- and not being able to show my superior intellect in my posts about dodge challengers makes me sad.
Thanks for the reply I thought I had something setup wrong since I am a new registrant.

BTW What I have learned to do on all forums and such where I will be entereing a long message is that I do it all in Word with lots of CTRLS done while I am typeing.
For short ones before I hit Post or Preview, I do CTRLA and CTRLC

I type fast also and there is nothing worse than hitting the Browsers backspace key by accident and being sent back one page that has your blank form which you were entering OR hitting preview and getting the web page can not be displayed and losing everything you typed.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

To get back on track, let me say this: I have never been a Chevy or Ford fan so I can not get excited over owning the Camero. It does one good thing though which is why i am glad that they are bringing the Camero out. That is that it means that it will keep the interest level high in the new generation of muscle cars so hopefully they wont be killed off due to high gas prices.
I was old enough to fall in love with the Muscle cars back then but not old enough to buy or own one Missed by only 5 years

While I am Mopar all the way, I have always been a fan of one car that GM makes and that is the GTO. It was such a shame the way they screwed that up in 2005. I assume that the careful approach they are doing with the Camero is from the Lesson learned with the Goat.

PS: I think I am going elsewhere to talk about the challenger. This error in the forum is REALLY annoying. I had to literally paste the whole message into Word and slowly bring back it back in with edits until I got a preview that did not generate an explorere error

This PS took me almost 5 minutes to get right This nuts!