View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Hemi Cuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger and LoJack?

I just bought 2 Lojacks "Early Warning systems" from Affordable Classics. One was installed there and the other one they had done at my house. My insurance company gave me a discount on insurance because I had Lojack. I had to send them the Lojack certificate to get the discount.

I just looked at the "Ravelco" website mentioned above this post and had some concerns.

1-It looks like various wires have to be cut for this device to do its job. I feel uncomfortable with that. The Lojack only required one power and one ground feed.

2-There is a * by the claim "not one vehicle ever stolen" that says "by defeating a properly installed & utillized raveleco".
a-who controls the quality of install? I know my Lojack is installed by factory technicians
b-what protects the car from being stolen in other ways. SUCH AS BEING TOWED AWAY. My system calls me on my cell phone when its been towed.

3-the price on the website is with out labor. I wonder what it costs with labor?

4-I am not sure I want to look at that round thing in my classic car. My Lojack is not visible.

I think its great to try to stop my car from being stolen. But its important to me to have it recovered by police in case it is towed etc. Many times the recovered car will catch the thief as well because they are in it when its tracked down. How cool is that. Take one theif off the road one at a time. Their recovery rate is over 90%. I think they even offer a 24 hour recovery rate guarantee. I considered a GPS system but found out that a GPS signal can be eliminated by being in an enclosed garage etc. I know this is probably true because my hand held direction GPS device cant find a satellite when I am in my house or even under heavy trees. I also heard that the GPS types communicate with the Satelites with a GPS type of signal for their directional location but have to use cell phone "airways" to communicate to us where they are. There are too many holes in my cell phone experience to trust that type of communication. So this is why I chose Lojack. Some states do have areas that are NOT covered by Lojack. I would check with your Lojack dealer first and ask if your covered at you home location and at work. I hope this explains my research.