View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 07:05 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inferno Red SE

My wife hadn't actually seen a new Challenger yet, so this afternoon we stopped at San Antonio's North Star Dodge (I ordered mine from Fiesta Dodge, on the other side of town) since they had two black 08 SRTs out in front. We looked those over, and she was really taken with the car. I noticed there were two cars in the showroom. One was an orange 08 and the other was a TorRed 09 SE. My wife fell in love with the red. I really liked it to. The MSRP was just over $24K, so I asked the salesman how much it was going for. They wanted just over $30K, a $6K markup. For the first time in my life, I decided to try to buy a car on the spot. I told the guy that if it went for MSRP, I'd write out a check right then. He got a shocked look and said he'd have to ask. He came back and offered a $5K markup. I'd already told him I had one on order at Fiesta for MSRP, so I told him I wouldn't go over MSRP. We chatted a bit, and all of a sudden, he offers $3K over MSRP. I again said no, it had to be no more than MSRP. He said that the manager just wouldn't go any lower than that. I figure if it's still there next weekend, I'll hit him again.