Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
mss3dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

OK, here is my take on the whole scheduling or build order scheme. I've had conversations with various people, both in and out of the car business. There appears to be a number of factors that come into play. Factor 1 - Geography. Car manufacturers apparently tend to produce and send new vehicles where then can get noticed by larger populations or news agencies more quickly. Case in point, California. My dealer says historically many new vehicles are routed to California for attention, photo ops, celebrities, and so forth. Additionally, major cities like Miami, Detroit (for obvious reasons), and surrounding areas... again for attention. He told me when the Prowlers were first introduced, California had bunches of them MONTHS before any appeared in PA.

Factor 2 - Dealership size. We're all sure this plays a part because Dodge (as well as all manufacturers) want to keep the dealers that move more volume supplied.

Factor 3 - Sold orders versus dealer orders. Nobody seems to know had the priorities work here. It may depend on whom has what influence or the pressure applied by the District Managers.

Factor 4 - Public demand. See, we've got to be in there some where.

Factor 5 - Manufacturing issues. Parts availability, technical issues, manufacturing breakdowns, maintenance etc...

Unfortunately, there are things that aren't in our control or Dodge. The best we can do is be patient and as the 08 owners say "it's worth the wait!"