Old 08-13-2006, 08:17 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting gears to another car

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: joeyr

I agree 100% may even move the r/t badge from the grill as well
Actually, Joey, the R/T on the grille is OK -- the 1970 model carried one next to the Challenger logo on the left side of the grille. There also was one on each fender below the Challenger logo and another one next to yet another Challenger logo in the lower right-hand corner of the trunk lid. Unless you happen to have all the badges on hand (including the original Chrysler Corp. insignias for the bottoms of the front fenders and the original Dodge lettering for the hood) as I do, you'll find that outfitting a new Challenger in "proper" insignia is going to be a pricey project. I've seen the R/T insignia alone priced from $45 to $85 each. Of course, this is a perfect world and Dr. Z himself undoubtedly is reading each of these posts and thinking, "I can save all of my old-school American friends a boatload of money by outfitting the new Challenger properly! Yes, I'll do it! After all, these are the people the Challenger is being resurrected for! Hans, Werner! Quickly! Start melting down the block-letter Challenger insignias and reforming them in script lettering!"
LOL!!! Now lets add a German ascent to this. "Ich con ssev all of mine old-schule Amerikan freunds a boatload of money by otfizing ze block-lezer Challenger ist being resurreczed fur! Afzer ull, zese are ze people ze Challenger ist being resurrected fur! Hans, Werner! Quickly! Start melzing down ze block-lezzer Challenger inzignias und reforming zem im zcript lezeringk!"

I really don't care either way about the lettering. I would go with the less expensive approach.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts