Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Shifting gears to another car

Old 08-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting gears to another car

ORIGINAL: joeyr

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Would you still buy the Challenger if the TransAm, Mercury Eliminator, GTO, or Barracuda or concept were introduced?

If no, which would you buy and why?

What about the camaro? which was okayed before the challenger.
The magazine article had addressed those 3 cars is the reason I picked them. As for the Camaro, while it has been introduced it is much farther off from being reality than the Challenger since the Challenger already has a LY platform and parts it can use.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

If the Challenger was not going to come out, how many of you would have considered the Firepower which is still
on the drawing board? Kinda of like a gentlemans version of the Viper and I think uses the same platform.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/A641466939F840F28545ABD7125E0890.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Even if the Cuda were produced, I'd still probably buy the Challenger -- unless there was a SIGNIFICANT difference in price for what is essentially the same car. I've already bought a new Challenger shirt from the Dodge web site. It's bad enough having to wear it while driving my 2000 Mustang now. It needs to be surrounded by the proper vehicle.

By the way: I still intend to eliminate the modern Challenger badge if the production cars come equipped the way the concept model is. The word Challenger in script on the front fenders looks much better.
I agree 100% may even move the r/t badge from the grill as well
Old 08-06-2006, 12:04 AM

You were right Jeremiah 29:11 thank you for the correction. On a side note there is a chance that the another GTO will be built on the new camaro platform.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:03 PM

If the Challenger was not going to come out, how many of you would have considered the Firepower which is still
on the drawing board? Kinda of like a gentlemans version of the Viper and I think uses the same platform.

A very nice car indeed. Is the "steal me" sign standard equipment or optional? Also, I just have something against driving a car that undoubtedly costs more than my house.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Actually, Joey, the R/T on the grille is OK -- the 1970 model carried one next to the Challenger logo on the left side of the grille. There also was one on each fender below the Challenger logo and another one next to yet another Challenger logo in the lower right-hand corner of the trunk lid. Unless you happen to have all the badges on hand (including the original Chrysler Corp. insignias for the bottoms of the front fenders and the original Dodge lettering for the hood) as I do, you'll find that outfitting a new Challenger in "proper" insignia is going to be a pricey project. I've seen the R/T insignia alone priced from $45 to $85 each. Of course, this is a perfect world and Dr. Z himself undoubtedly is reading each of these posts and thinking, "I can save all of my old-school American friends a boatload of money by outfitting the new Challenger properly! Yes, I'll do it! After all, these are the people the Challenger is being resurrected for! Hans, Werner! Quickly! Start melting down the block-letter Challenger insignias and reforming them in script lettering!"
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/A641466939F840F28545ABD7125E0890.jpg[/IMG]
Well unless I suddenly became a millionare for some odd reason, then I would have to pass up. The Firepower would just be way too expensive for my taste. If the Challenger doesn't come out, then I will persue the car I wanted before the Challenger. The Charger.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Actually, Joey, the R/T on the grille is OK -- the 1970 model carried one next to the Challenger logo on the left side of the grille. There also was one on each fender below the Challenger logo and another one next to yet another Challenger logo in the lower right-hand corner of the trunk lid. Unless you happen to have all the badges on hand (including the original Chrysler Corp. insignias for the bottoms of the front fenders and the original Dodge lettering for the hood) as I do, you'll find that outfitting a new Challenger in "proper" insignia is going to be a pricey project. I've seen the R/T insignia alone priced from $45 to $85 each. Of course, this is a perfect world and Dr. Z himself undoubtedly is reading each of these posts and thinking, "I can save all of my old-school American friends a boatload of money by outfitting the new Challenger properly! Yes, I'll do it! After all, these are the people the Challenger is being resurrected for! Hans, Werner! Quickly! Start melting down the block-letter Challenger insignias and reforming them in script lettering!"
LOL!!! Now lets add a German ascent to this. "Ich con ssev all of mine old-schule Amerikan freunds a boatload of money by otfizing ze block-lezer Challenger ist being resurreczed fur! Afzer ull, zese are ze people ze Challenger ist being resurrected fur! Hans, Werner! Quickly! Start melzing down ze block-lezzer Challenger inzignias und reforming zem im zcript lezeringk!"

I really don't care either way about the lettering. I would go with the less expensive approach.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

You were right Jeremiah 29:11 thank you for the correction. On a side note there is a chance that the another GTO will be built on the new camaro platform.
I think that has been offically confirmed. I want to see what it will look like first.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts