Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Shifting gears to another car

Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting gears to another car

and shall i point out that most of the cars in the NHRA funny car and top fuel class, even today, are using Chrysler designed hemis...
Old 06-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well they have good taste in engines. The HEMI was never a hyped engine, it was the real deal.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM

I think it would be a toss up between cuda and challenger. I would like to see the cars come out!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Mopar all the way. Charger, Challenger, Cuda Take your pic. But for all muscle car fans bring on all of the old muscle name plates.
It would be a great day for every one. Go Mopar GO.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Never liked the Trans Am, Eliminator or GTO, I liked the 70 Challenger and 71 Cuda about the same. It would not change anything!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

as much as i want to stay driving a mopar, as ive said before, im not willing to pay 10 thousand more to go a second slower...i drive a stratus RT, so im obviously not a "bang for the buck" person, but at some point common sense steps in...if they price the challenger at 45-50 grand, all youre going to get is more "viper driver-like owners"...middle aged yuppies with khakis and golf shirts at the track, struggling their way down the track in the mid 13s...there is a reason why the mustangs are "the cars to beat" at the track...theyre priced reasonably, so that people who are actually going to modify them, and who know how to drive them will buy them...not these guys who have driven a minivan for the last ten years, and since they finally got caught banging their secretary and the wife left with the minivan, theyll buy some crappy econocar for a DD, and buy a 'new challenger' to take to shows and the track, and all he will do is give the mustang owners some bragging rights on MF:

"my 260hp new edge GT beat a big bad 425hp challenger"...

Old 07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

The Mercury Eliminator was originally manufactured to compete with it's brother the Mustang.

I actually saw one last week and it looked pretty cool but I couldn't get my "Camera in the cellphone" out in the time.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

as much as i want to stay driving a mopar, as ive said before, im not willing to pay 10 thousand more to go a second slower...i drive a stratus RT, so im obviously not a "bang for the buck" person, but at some point common sense steps in...if they price the challenger at 45-50 grand, all youre going to get is more "viper driver-like owners"...middle aged yuppies with khakis and golf shirts at the track, struggling their way down the track in the mid 13s...there is a reason why the mustangs are "the cars to beat" at the track...theyre priced reasonably, so that people who are actually going to modify them, and who know how to drive them will buy them...not these guys who have driven a minivan for the last ten years, and since they finally got caught banging their secretary and the wife left with the minivan, theyll buy some crappy econocar for a DD, and buy a 'new challenger' to take to shows and the track, and all he will do is give the mustang owners some bragging rights on MF:

"my 260hp new edge GT beat a big bad 425hp challenger"...

1 Bad Mirada.......After I read your post and sensing your emotions you put into it (includinging your passion) all I could think of was this quote........

"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind." LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Guess where than came from.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Would you still buy the Challenger if the TransAm, Mercury Eliminator, GTO, or Barracuda or concept were introduced?

If no, which would you buy and why?

What about the camaro? which was okayed before the challenger.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:21 PM

Even if the Cuda were produced, I'd still probably buy the Challenger -- unless there was a SIGNIFICANT difference in price for what is essentially the same car. I've already bought a new Challenger shirt from the Dodge web site. It's bad enough having to wear it while driving my 2000 Mustang now. It needs to be surrounded by the proper vehicle.

By the way: I still intend to eliminate the modern Challenger badge if the production cars come equipped the way the concept model is. The word Challenger in script on the front fenders looks much better.

Quick Reply: Shifting gears to another car