View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
mopar2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Racing Ethics ?

The fact is there was some horseplay. Things got to a level that wasnt anticipated. Weve all been there at one point or another... in one situation or another.

Then the unthinkable happens... life does that to us sometimes. Fear and confusion can have a huge impact on how we cope with the situation. Obviously in this incident getting out of there was the first thing that came to mind after assessing that the driver was percieved to be ok. Perception is probably not the most reliable tool to evalute the severity of this type of situation. I think at that point one should really take a good hard look at the big picture and go back and make sure everyone is ok. If they are not then you might just have to buck up and take your licks. If everything is ok then I would say it is probably ok to move on. Afterall... if you were first to roll upon an accident scene in normal circumstances wouldnt you feel a responsability to make sure everyone was ok?

If a situation goes to this level and the result is a crash then regrouping and going back and checking things out is definately the basic responsibilty of anyone nearby... let alone anyone being a party to what escalated matters to this level. You definately should have stopped and checked things out... if you had then you would not likely be here asking the question. You would either be satisfied with the outcome of your follow thru and not feeling the need to ask... or you would be in jail and unable to access the forum to ask.

Wait let me check... maybe they have internet in jail now as a fundamental basic human right...

Sounds like you did the best you could think of considering the circumstances at hand. I for one am a red-blooded American male who too often fails to make the right and proper decision in similar circumstances so I would be a liar and a hypocrite to say I would never race or do anything so foolish it might lead to similar circumstances.

Just my 2 cents...