Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Street Racing Ethics ?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Racing Ethics ?

Let’s see, you don’t stop, the guy with the Mustang is stuck along side the road until the police show up. They figure out what happened, the guy describes your Challenger and provides you personalized license plate (you do have personalized plates don’t you?) You get cited for speeding, racing and leaving the scene of an accident. Or you go help the guy and law enforcement never needs to get involve.

Bottom line, don’t do anything you’re not willing to take responsibility for.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:56 AM

I want to be friendly and buddies with everybody on the forum. But I have to agree with the other posts about street racing and safety for others. There is no good reason for street racing. Several years ago here in Detroit there was an accident resulting from a street race where several people not involved were killed.

Like they say on Pinks, racing off the street is fun and safe

In my mind, the 6.1 Hemi emblem on the hood, and all the media hype, as well as the continual attention getting is plenty enough fun for me.

I'm glad you are safe, and well, for fun..see the "mad Mustangs" thread.
Steve
Old 09-14-2008, 04:59 AM

I am glad you called it street raceing and not Drag Raceing. Drag Raceing gets alot of bad press from fools out on the street playing games. Guys like me that have big money tied up in the sport get bashed by the press from what guys out on the street do.

This is just my rant and not pointed at you
Old 09-14-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: KMPX2

I am glad you called it street raceing and not Drag Raceing.

Of course, the very term "drag racing" COMES from racing on the street. Ever heard the major street of a town being referred to as the "main drag"?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:18 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: KMPX2

I am glad you called it street raceing and not Drag Raceing.

Of course, the very term "drag racing" COMES from racing on the street. Ever heard the major street of a town being referred to as the "main drag"?
Yes and NASCAR is nothing but a bunch of old time bootleg wiskey runners. The thing is alot of people have done alot of work to make auto sports safe and respectable. But everytime some kid in a old rust bucket pairs off with his buddy and gets hurd all you here in the news is drag racing is the root of all evil.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:15 PM

Shouldn't have to ask the question.....because you shouldn't be street racing.......gives all of us who like to drive performance cars a black eye when you do something stupid and others get hurt. That's why we all pay more for insurance on any car that has a "performance" name, no matter what engine it has under the hood. If you need to prove something.....take it to the strip, or even better get yourself on "Pinks"...and see if you really are the fastest.