Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
66Cuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

Hey SKiDs, glad to see they finally got back to you and you’re happy with the response. I'm still fuming about mine.... "should be 4 to 5 weeks from ship date of 8/29/08".... really, because it's not set to be built until 9/30... that’s some magic if my car can show up before it's been built.

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

I hear ya Cuda. My frustration level peaked a few hours ago, and I could hardly concentrate on work.

I finally got a response a little while ago. I guess I missed them before they left for the weekend. They gave me a new ship date of 9/25/08. My original DELIVERY date was 9/16/08. All in all, not too bad of a delay I guess. It should be in the port by mid to late November, and be in Germany in December. I wont be back from Afghanistan until January-ish so It sort-of works out I guess. I was hoping to be the one that picks it up from the prep-center, but I guess Ill have to get a Power of Attorney so my friend can do it for me. My dealer said he will store it in a locked area covered if I want, so Ill take him up on the offer. I think he is planning a big media unveiling of the car since it will be the first in my area.

Its good to know SOMETHING, even if it isnt exactly what I wanted to hear. My blood pressure is finally dropping a bit, and I can lay off the drum set a bit. The neighbors will be happy.

Here is the reply to my email:

Dear Scott:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding your 2009 Dodge Challenger.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email concerning the vehicle order status, we would
like to inform you that you will receive your vehicle within 4 to 6
weeks from the estimated shipping date 09/25/08. For more information,
we suggest that you contact your dealership, as they are the best
resource for this information.

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concern with us.

Sincerely,

Lisa Parker