View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: We should get a rebate

ORIGINAL: stevelegel

3 of 3 posts of my day

So when I went to Wal Mart, I parked in the furthest area away from the store, out of the way, and with plenty of spaces all around the car.

When I came out of the store I could see a car (not a junker, anyway) parked right next to Challenger with acres of parking available all around the two.

As I approached the man and woman got out of their car and asked the ususal questions...(SRT 08 owners know them) Is this your car? What year is it? Did yo have to do a lot of work on it? and then the denial that the car is new, and on goes the discussion. Eventually I end it with "You should visit the Dodge Dealer and see the entire line up of 09 Challengers"

We should get a rebate for all the marketing we do for Challenger and all the time we spend explaining that it's new, that it's fast, that it's expensive, and that, yes it is really cool....

but then again, that's why I bought it.

Hey, have you noticed, like when you are waiting at a light and cars drive by, how the drivers head and eyes stay fixed on you and Challenger as they go by? The other day I was at a light, and a guy on bicycle rides across intersection, intently eyeballing Challenger from front view (I think best view) not looking where he is going, he bumps over the curb, and rides into the telephone pole and falls over. First thing he does is; jump up, look at me, big smile and thumbs up. It's a hoot.

Steve
YES to all the above. Have you also noticed how many near accidents we have caused when people are to busy looking at us and not the road!! A guy in Scottsdale tapped the car in front of him as he was eyeballing my Challenger and not traffic. I also see some drivers leaving their lanes while looking back at the Challenger. Perhaps the new Challenger should come with a warning...............