Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

We should get a rebate

Old 09-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We should get a rebate

3 of 3 posts of my day

So when I went to Wal Mart, I parked in the furthest area away from the store, out of the way, and with plenty of spaces all around the car.

When I came out of the store I could see a car (not a junker, anyway) parked right next to Challenger with acres of parking available all around the two.

As I approached the man and woman got out of their car and asked the ususal questions...(SRT 08 owners know them) Is this your car? What year is it? Did yo have to do a lot of work on it? and then the denial that the car is new, and on goes the discussion. Eventually I end it with "You should visit the Dodge Dealer and see the entire line up of 09 Challengers"

We should get a rebate for all the marketing we do for Challenger and all the time we spend explaining that it's new, that it's fast, that it's expensive, and that, yes it is really cool....

but then again, that's why I bought it.

Hey, have you noticed, like when you are waiting at a light and cars drive by, how the drivers head and eyes stay fixed on you and Challenger as they go by? The other day I was at a light, and a guy on bicycle rides across intersection, intently eyeballing Challenger from front view (I think best view) not looking where he is going, he bumps over the curb, and rides into the telephone pole and falls over. First thing he does is; jump up, look at me, big smile and thumbs up. It's a hoot.

Steve
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Default RE: We should get a rebate

As for rebates... I am thinking we should get $400 back for the gas guzzler tax in a rebate. It is a tax... and they lowered it for the 09s... [8D]

As for signs I keep getting this [sm=icon_rock.gif] from people.

The other day driving up the freeway... I gunned it as I passed a Suburu wagon... guy had his hand extended all the way out the window with the big thumbs up [sm=smiley20.gif]... you shoulda seen his grin... priceless...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 PM

He He, my post lady drove into the ditch making a right turn but could not take her eyes off the car... what is it ? , ive got the is it a mustang ,camaro,old car redone, charger , Im used to that with my 1970, but the main thing is Its all smiles......
Old 09-18-2008, 01:18 AM

I would be happy with a coupon or gift certificate; I know I’ve sold at least one Challenger on a referral.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 AM

you should get $400 back for the car being overweight
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: stevelegel

3 of 3 posts of my day

So when I went to Wal Mart, I parked in the furthest area away from the store, out of the way, and with plenty of spaces all around the car.

When I came out of the store I could see a car (not a junker, anyway) parked right next to Challenger with acres of parking available all around the two.

As I approached the man and woman got out of their car and asked the ususal questions...(SRT 08 owners know them) Is this your car? What year is it? Did yo have to do a lot of work on it? and then the denial that the car is new, and on goes the discussion. Eventually I end it with "You should visit the Dodge Dealer and see the entire line up of 09 Challengers"

We should get a rebate for all the marketing we do for Challenger and all the time we spend explaining that it's new, that it's fast, that it's expensive, and that, yes it is really cool....

but then again, that's why I bought it.

Hey, have you noticed, like when you are waiting at a light and cars drive by, how the drivers head and eyes stay fixed on you and Challenger as they go by? The other day I was at a light, and a guy on bicycle rides across intersection, intently eyeballing Challenger from front view (I think best view) not looking where he is going, he bumps over the curb, and rides into the telephone pole and falls over. First thing he does is; jump up, look at me, big smile and thumbs up. It's a hoot.

Steve
YES to all the above. Have you also noticed how many near accidents we have caused when people are to busy looking at us and not the road!! A guy in Scottsdale tapped the car in front of him as he was eyeballing my Challenger and not traffic. I also see some drivers leaving their lanes while looking back at the Challenger. Perhaps the new Challenger should come with a warning...............
Old 09-18-2008, 02:44 PM

That happens with the Corvette. Minus the questions.